HDD options!?

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!
Ryberius
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

February 1st, 2016, 7:35 pm

Hi all I'm new to the boards had my Vision about a week now and this place has been a god send! I've searched through the forum but can't find a definitive answer to this but can I use a usb external hdd with it I've been looking on currys (I have £60 on a voucher) and I can see a 128GB Micro SD but for around the same price there is a 1TB external HDD TIA,
Ryan.
F0LLETT
Retailer: Argos

February 4th, 2016, 10:43 pm

Hi,

MicroSD all the way, be abit hard to carry a drive around with you, :).
You could get both, leave SD installed and use HDD for other stuff.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ryberius
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

February 4th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Thanks, portability is not a real problem for me so I've ordered a 128GB SD card and an enclosure for my spare 500GB HDD so I can play around with bodging up a battery pack for it :D if not I'll just leave it attached to my desktop it's just a shame that a 1TB HDD costs the same as a 128GB micro SD. My main concern was that it wouldn't recognize it at all bit I finally found a thread in the 1010 board that clarified things for me.
F0LLETT

February 4th, 2016, 11:01 pm

Ryberius wrote:Thanks, portability is not a real problem for me so I've ordered a 128GB SD card and an enclosure for my spare 500GB HDD so I can play around with bodging up a battery pack for it :D if not I'll just leave it attached to my desktop it's just a shame that a 1TB HDD costs the same as a 128GB micro SD. My main concern was that it wouldn't recognize it at all bit I finally found a thread in the 1010 board that clarified things for me.
You seen the prices on the 250GB and 320GB MicroSD. Its like 1980's all over again, ;) £ a MB.
Resolute and Industrious
Ryberius
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

February 4th, 2016, 11:04 pm

Not worked up the courage to look yet. As I said I had a curry's gift card to spend and they only go up to 128GB can't complain though as it originally had £300 on it so that bought my vision 8-)
Ryberius
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

February 10th, 2016, 1:35 pm

just as an update i got a £17 3.5in hdd enclosure for my old 500GB hdd works great although i had to cut down my otg adapter to use it with the controller next step is to fiddle about and get it working from a battery pack of some sort.
F0LLETT

February 10th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Ryberius wrote:just as an update i got a £17 3.5in hdd enclosure for my old 500GB hdd works great although i had to cut down my otg adapter to use it with the controller next step is to fiddle about and get it working from a battery pack of some sort.
I noticed that too, :(. I have to take it out of controller.
Resolute and Industrious
Ryberius
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

February 11th, 2016, 9:24 pm

I've got a cheap all in one as apposed to with a cable I'll see if I can get a link off of amazon I removed the rubber casing and it's all joined nicely with resin or something so it fits perfectly I'll try to add a pic when I get home.