Xbox one streaming issues

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!
Axelrhoads
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: expansys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

January 2nd, 2016, 9:09 pm

Hi everyone, i bought this tablet 1 week ago, and i have a problem with the streaming. I use the 5ghz wifi with the asus ac68 router. When i start the streaming, i have a message (Problem with the quality of your net) and artifacts and lag appears.
I play in the same room.
Can anyone help me? Thank you.
AbbaTheHorse
Retailer: Scan

January 3rd, 2016, 4:35 pm

I'm having similar issues and have just sent the following to their support inbox.

I have had a Linx Vision tablet for a few weeks but am having no end of issues with streaming my Xbox One using the official Xbox App.

My Xbox One is wired to my router (a TP-Link TD-W8970) via an ethenet cable and my Linx Vision is connected wirelessly to the same network.

My have a few problems:

1) Often, I am unable to turn the Xbox on from my Linx Vision. Whilst I can select the Option “Turn On” from within the Xbox App, it cannot find the console.
2) I can then only connect by closing the app, forgetting the Xbox and searching for it again. Sometimes it cannot find the Xbox again and then suddenly it will find it and connect.
3) When I can connect and start streaming, I can only stream for around 1 – 2 minutes before a message telling me of network quality issues. Streaming then stops. Sometimes, I can connect straight away, often I can’t and I have to repeat steps 1 and 2 above.

It seems that connection to my Xbox is very unstable, either just attempting to discover and connecting to it but more troublesome, streaming.

I have tried all of the following, but to no avail:

1) Moving the tablet into the same room as the WiFi router.
2) Restarting the WiFi router.
3) Uninstalling the Xbox app and reinstalling it again.
4) Installing all pending Windows 10 updates.
5) Updating the driver for the wireless network adapter.

All in all, I am unable to use the tablet with my Xbox, having only ever achieved roughly 1 minute of play before streaming stops. At this point, it can often be quite a lot of effort getting connected again.
Axelrhoads
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: expansys

January 3rd, 2016, 7:26 pm

I've been played today about 4 hours with random artifacts and bit laggy, but playable. I tried stream with steam at home, and the stream was perfect, no lag, no artifacts.
I don't know why with the xbox occurs that problem. I restored the tablet to factory, i will try again.

Cheers.
AbbaTheHorse
Retailer: Scan

January 12th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Having had nothing but trouble with this tablet I contacted Linx support who to be fair, were really helpful.

They've sent me a USB stick with the factory image on which I have installed today. However, I have a feeling it wasn't the right build as the Xbox App was ancient and the version of Windows 10 that had installed wouldn't allow for the latest Xbox app to be updated.

So, Windows update has kicked in and the tablet has now been upgraded again to v1511.

I think I will need to send this back and get my money back. Shame, because when it was working it was excellent!
Lambouk
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Game

January 13th, 2016, 8:37 pm

How did you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app. I can't seem to uninstall mine. Thanks