Tweaked power schemes.

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!
F0LLETT
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

December 28th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Hi all,

First post here. I wasn't happy with the way the vision kept disconnecting with 128GB Sandisk SD card. Plus the performance of the tablet. So I waded through the registry and enabled lots of hidden options.
I am now able to use 128GB without issue. Plus Im also able to increase performance of GFX. I also enabled the IGD Turbo in bios.

I now have two profiles, Power Saver and Balanced(Tweaked). I really want to do to Power Saver, Balanced and Max Performance. For the time being, this will do for my needs at the moment.

I will attach, the edited power part of reg. So if anyone else wants to use it.
Be aware Im not responsible for any damage to your device, its provided as is. It works fine for me.
Before you start, back up your power scheme's registry, just incase something goes wrong.

Power Settings reg file (with Connected Standby and Hibernate disabled)

Power Settings reg file (with Connected Standby and Hibernate enabled (default))
The above reg file may not show extra schemes, as in my experience with CS enabled, extra schemes are hidden. You may have different results.
Last edited by F0LLETT on January 23rd, 2016, 7:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
HandSlander
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

December 29th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Cool man, sounds interesting. Can you tell us some more details of what you changed?

Also what kind of graphics boost are you getting (i.e. before/after FPS in Portal 2) and does it come at the cost of reduced battery life?
F0LLETT

December 30th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Bear with me. Still having slight issues with 128GB. However think I have solved 100%.
I have also found the correct chipset drivers. Win10 installs the sd controller incorrectly. So will do some testing and then will update my post with all info I have found. Will also get a stock power scheme file sorted with everything stock. Users can then choose to tweak or use default schemes.

This tablet has also got me thinking. How good is it at compiling. Be nice to take my source code around and work on it in my spare time, ;).
Dogpitt
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

January 18th, 2016, 7:53 pm

F0LLETT wrote:Bear with me. Still having slight issues with 128GB. However think I have solved 100%.
I have also found the correct chipset drivers. Win10 installs the sd controller incorrectly. So will do some testing and then will update my post with all info I have found. Will also get a stock power scheme file sorted with everything stock. Users can then choose to tweak or use default schemes.

This tablet has also got me thinking. How good is it at compiling. Be nice to take my source code around and work on it in my spare time, ;).
Dogpitt
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

January 18th, 2016, 7:56 pm

F0LLETT wrote:Hi all,

First post here. I wasn't happy with the way the vision kept disconnecting with 128GB Sandisk SD card. Plus the performance of the tablet. So I waded through the registry and enabled lots of hidden options.
I am now able to use 128GB without issue. Plus Im also able to increase performance of GFX. I also enabled the IGD Turbo in bios.

I now have two profiles, Power Saver and Balanced(Tweaked). I really want to do to Power Saver, Balanced and Max Performance. For the time being, this will do for my needs at the moment.

Be aware Im not responsible for any damage to your device, its provided as is. It works fine for me.

Power Settings reg file
Your link is no longer working.
kravcraigie13
Retailer: game

January 21st, 2016, 10:25 am

Hey bud got the drivers you so helpfully linked in that other post for the sd card.
Would you be to advise me how to get the same power scheme/build that you have running.
Ordered my 128gb SanDisk as I'm planning on making the vision my primary portable for journey s.
Thanks
F0LLETT

January 21st, 2016, 2:08 pm

kravcraigie13 wrote:Hey bud got the drivers you so helpfully linked in that other post for the sd card.
Would you be to advise me how to get the same power scheme/build that you have running.
Ordered my 128gb SanDisk as I'm planning on making the vision my primary portable for journey s.
Thanks
Dogpitt wrote:

Power Settings reg file
Your link is no longer working.
Will sort out a fresh one tonight. (Only problem is, it will disable certain things, like Connected Standby).
Will also update Driver zip with Intel Chipset drivers. As this combination is how I got SD card working fine.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

January 23rd, 2016, 6:54 pm

Reg file link fixed. Also added one that leave Connected standby and Hibernate enabled (default for out the box).
Resolute and Industrious
faheem92
Retailer: Currys

February 4th, 2016, 12:11 am

Before you start, back up your power scheme's registry, just incase something goes wrong.

Power Settings reg file (with Connected Standby and Hibernate enabled (default))
The above reg file may not show extra schemes, as in my experience with CS enabled, extra schemes are hidden. You may have different results.
Hi
Link is not working again
F0LLETT

February 4th, 2016, 12:20 am

faheem92 wrote:

Hi
Link is not working again
I created massive thread in guides board, with everything updated there.

Guides / Tweaks
Resolute and Industrious