List of working steam games running natively

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by jonnyrouse » November 23rd, 2016, 10:27 am

Loving this tablet so far :-) Wish I had discovered a year ago!

Has anybody tried Return to Castle Wolfenstein and got it working?
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 4:09 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by TylerDurdenUK » December 5th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Whats the easiest way to get a keyboard working with this tablet ? Im trying to run Psychonauts, its loads fine and seems to support the controller, but needs a keyboard to enter a character name. I do have a bluetooth keyboard but that uses a little usb dongle, I also have a mobile phone OTG cable, woth that work with a normal usb keyboard ?
Member
Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 5:55 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by F0LLETT » December 5th, 2016, 11:25 pm

TylerDurdenUK wrote:Whats the easiest way to get a keyboard working with this tablet ? Im trying to run Psychonauts, its loads fine and seems to support the controller, but needs a keyboard to enter a character name. I do have a bluetooth keyboard but that uses a little usb dongle, I also have a mobile phone OTG cable, woth that work with a normal usb keyboard ?


What I do is run games that need keyboard in window mode, then you can swipe up and access OSK.
The dongle method should also work fine.

For games that require a keyboard and mouse. I use my ipega game controller (its seen as a mouse/keyboard/joypad). This is the only way to get games like Halo Combat Evolved working.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by batmans » December 9th, 2016, 6:47 am

GTA IV WORKS on vision 8
Just got GTA IV working on Vission with ease but it is a bit slow.Open to game tweak help,lets all jump on this,on low settings with shadows off its borderline playable.
Download GTAIV from steam games list(as it will not install straight after purchase)
Start game, let it do some downloads, keep going forward,pres red x to exit games for windows and your in.
Turn settings on low
Shadows off
Trinear filtering
Lower res a little.

I am sure with some help we can can tweak to get it a little faster...
Also big well done for creating compatability lists, vision 8 is awesome!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 27th, 2016, 4:39 am
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by F0LLETT » December 10th, 2016, 12:06 am

batmans wrote:GTA IV WORKS on vision 8
Just got GTA IV working on Vission with ease but it is a bit slow.Open to game tweak help,lets all jump on this,on low settings with shadows off its borderline playable.
Download GTAIV from steam games list(as it will not install straight after purchase)
Start game, let it do some downloads, keep going forward,pres red x to exit games for windows and your in.
Turn settings on low
Shadows off
Trinear filtering
Lower res a little.

I am sure with some help we can can tweak to get it a little faster...
Also big well done for creating compatability lists, vision 8 is awesome!


Interesting as GTA IV, is 64bit only. I was forced to switch to 64bit on my sons PC, just to get it to launch.
Even Rockstar state, it requires 64bit. I have seen patches online, where people have hacked the exe to work with 32bit.

If you have it running, have you tried disabling CS and putting it on High Performance power plan?
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by omaw3d » December 12th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Hi,

thanks for the list it has been useful.

I tried a couple that do not seem to be on the shared doc, I have updated it and post them here, both working with good performance and integrated controller working (I mean, that what this tab is about right? :) )

Hell Yeah!!
I am Alive
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: December 9th, 2016, 10:24 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by GeneralWaste » December 14th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Hi everyone. Burnout Paradise works great at medium settings with full built-in gamepad support. Same Trackmania United / Nations.
The Newer Trackmania Stadium doesnt work at all. Same Disciples2.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 6:52 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by GeneralWaste » December 14th, 2016, 8:40 pm

a good keyboard ad mouse emulator for the controller is JoyToKey. free and good. fully costumisable, you can save diferent profiles for diferent games. you can use it in desktop as mouse. you can calibrate mouse speed

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Member
Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 6:52 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by batmans » December 15th, 2016, 9:07 pm

F0LLETT wrote:
batmans wrote:GTA IV WORKS on vision 8
Just got GTA IV working on Vission with ease but it is a bit slow.Open to game tweak help,lets all jump on this,on low settings with shadows off its borderline playable.
Download GTAIV from steam games list(as it will not install straight after purchase)
Start game, let it do some downloads, keep going forward,pres red x to exit games for windows and your in.
Turn settings on low
Shadows off
Trinear filtering
Lower res a little.

I am sure with some help we can can tweak to get it a little faster...
Also big well done for creating compatability lists, vision 8 is awesome!


Interesting as GTA IV, is 64bit only. I was forced to switch to 64bit on my sons PC, just to get it to launch.
Even Rockstar state, it requires 64bit. I have seen patches online, where people have hacked the exe to work with 32bit.

If you have it running, have you tried disabling CS and putting it on High Performance power plan?

How you do that? I have cread somewhere someone lost use of there power button after doing it, is there a safe way,(novice here) of doing it, step by step guide if poss..
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 27th, 2016, 4:39 am
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by GeneralWaste » December 15th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Collin McRae Dirt works just about playable at minimum graphics settings with full gamepad support

FUEL doesnt start at all
Member
Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 6:52 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest