Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - List of working steam games running natively : General (Linx Vision) - 27

List of working steam games running natively

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!

Re: List of working steam games running natively

by Samantai » June 30th, 2018, 9:03 pm

Thank you guys for the lists!
I'll try to add with my own findings:

I'm currently playing Owlboy, and it supports the controller and feels great!

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by Decrypt » July 27th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Hi all,

I've been going through most of these pages and through a lot of other pages (steam, gog..etc) and was thinking to share a few thoughts that maybe will be useful to some.
So I had my Linx Vision 8 Gaming for more than a week now and been installing and tweaking (and played) for every single day (chilled holiday). The reason why I've bought it is that I always wanted Diablo 2 and some other '90s, early 2000 pc games on the go as well as all my emulators.
I've seen that most of you guys posted that you've run most of the games with no problems (or not mentioned them) but it's not that easy and at least for me almost every game installed I had to tweak, patch, config(pre) or even had 3rd party mods added.
So here is the list with the adjustments made : (DirectX 12, Visual C++ 2013, latest win 10 updates, latest intel hd gfx driver)

Duke Nukem Forever - works great no issues and also controller compatible
Cuphead - works great no issues and also controller compatible
Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition - works from the first try but if there isn't any input connected the game will fail to launch.
Serious Sam Classic TFE - original game installed , works great but not compatible with the controller. The gog version didn't work
Rayman 3 (gog) - worked after adding "better rayman 3 version 1.5" patch and switched compatibility mode to Windows 7. The game is compatible with the controller. Runs perfect
Quake 3 Arena - tried 3 version and only the classic one worked. Compatible with the controller in PC Mode with Joystick 2 Mouse active.
Half-Life - Tried the patched newer versions with the game mods included and none of them worked for me except the original game. Downloaded Phineas Bot separately. The only working resolution is 800x600. Not compatible with the controller.
Diablo II - Lord of Destruction - Has problems with full screen scaling and crashes. D2VidTst set to Windows 8 otherwise it will not launch. Set it to Direct Draw. After many command lines changed the only one that worked for me was forcing the game to go into 3dfx mode by adding -3dfx after the target location into the shortcut of the game ("D:\Games\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -3dfx). Not compatible with the controller but will work with Joystick 2 Mouse.
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (gog) - game will not work unless you download the HD patch and then runs flawlessly. Excellent on the go with Joystick 2 Mouse.
Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 (gog) - The game will not work with the default DosBox that comes with the game. My solution was to download DOSBox SVN-Daum and replace the content of dos box from the original game folder. The game works excellent.
Worms Armageddon (gog) - The game runs with resolution problems, displaying half a screen. My solution was to install WormKitModules then activate it in game and deactivating vsync. The game runs smooth and full screen at any resolution. Great fun with on the go if you use the controller in pc mode with Joystick 2 Mouse
State of Decay - works but poor fps. Not playable for my taste. The game is compatible with the controller. Needs to have input connected otherwise it will fail to load.

Emulators using RetroArch. So far NES(quicknes), Snes(snes9x), N64(mupen64), CPS1(fbalpha2012), Mame(Fbalpha). For the NeoGeo i've downloaded the mame version as fbalpha neo geo failed. PSX runs slow but I still need to tweak it.

Games that didn't worked for me (yet) : Borderlands 2, Little Big Adventure (it seems that the gog DosBox is not the best choice for dos games)

Games to be tested : Borderlands 1, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Dungeon Siege 2, GTA IV, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Starcraft HD.

Overall I would say that for the money(paid £50 on mine) this is pretty much the ultimate old school gaming machine on the go but also for home use. I've seen people spending stupid money on the new GPD(great machine but to expensive) or the old one just so they can play Cuphead or Quake 3 Arena.

Anyway, if the games that I will try need any extra tweaks or additional software please let me know.

Cheers!

Retailer: ebay

by jbach50 » August 1st, 2018, 6:52 pm

for emulation, try Project 64 for n64, and ppsspp works nicely after some tweaks. Cold Alley on the Microsoft store works great too

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision

by cookie11 » August 9th, 2018, 10:46 am

Hi,
I'm new to the linx vision but have had a linx 10 from the release.
After my nephew wanted rid as it wouldnt stream his xbox one games smoothly enough so it is in my hands now.
I've reset it & have installed Grid autosport & have it running great.
Just a few questions..
I read that the games wont run as well on the sd card but as i had already started installing it on the sd card before i read this i thought id leave it & see how it goes & up to now it runs without any faults.... Is this still the case or has windows updates improved this.?
Are there any cod type games (ww2 not future) with a decent single player mode that will work with the controller & which are the best to look out for ?
Will the vision accept some sort of micro usb to ethernet cable to up speed the installation of games ?
I will try to add games to the list as i go on .
thanks.

Retailer: FAMILY

by parkerbird » August 31st, 2018, 3:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Been reading all your comments and have to join in.

My setup is running an enclosure with a 128gig Msata drive inside. Have a usb adaptor connected through the charging port and a few tye wraps.
Working great and able to play some of the games that crashes when running from SD card, but saying that my SD card is class 10 90ms.
Another thing worth mentioning, i used a windows 10 key to upgrade from home edtion, i can now RDP to my tablet from pc to install games and edit anything with ease.

Nail'ed works amazing, need keyboard to enter your user name, i just installed vnc and used my phone to type it in.
Instane 2 works amazing, and only 1.5 gig install.
DMC (Devil may cry new one) amazing on low settings.

The force unleashed 2, loads up pretty quick, but controller not working, i havent tried using a keyboard yet, will try.

Will add some updates as I'm trying as many games as i can. any one else playing around with the PS2 EMU???

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by Scott337 » October 2nd, 2018, 2:05 pm

Ff7 steam work well although maping to the d pad doesn’t seem to work and the analogue feels a little jankey
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Tesco

Previous