Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - PS2 emulator. : General (Linx Vision)

PS2 emulator.

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!

PS2 emulator.

by CROBOT » July 22nd, 2016, 12:15 pm

Hi everyone.

Brand new to my linxvision. Just checking if anyone can get a PS2 emulator working? I have tried pcsx2 but when I load an iso I only get a black screen? Any help appreciated
Member
Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 22nd, 2016, 11:38 am
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Game
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: PS2 emulator.

by F0LLETT » July 22nd, 2016, 12:17 pm

Sure it would, but it would be unusable. If my high spec PC struggles to run it then the vision would definitely struggle.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by CROBOT » July 22nd, 2016, 12:24 pm

F0LLETT wrote:Sure it would, but it would be unusable. If my high spec PC struggles to run it then the vision would definitely struggle.


Thanks, that's a little bit gutting I guess.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 22nd, 2016, 11:38 am
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Game
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by F0LLETT » July 22nd, 2016, 12:29 pm

CROBOT wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:Sure it would, but it would be unusable. If my high spec PC struggles to run it then the vision would definitely struggle.


Thanks, that's a little bit gutting I guess.


Not really, you have lots of other emu's. Like WinUAE, eXPSE, MAME. Thats just some of my favorities.
Try it, some have got it working on Linx 1010B like hardware. Slowly though, maybe better on something like Vision.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by citrusred » October 18th, 2016, 11:39 am

I didn't try for very long but Soul Nomad seemed to work at full speed on my linx vision so I'd imagine other NIS games should work fairly well.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: September 22nd, 2016, 9:49 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: CeX
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by F0LLETT » October 19th, 2016, 10:50 am

citrusred wrote:I didn't try for very long but Soul Nomad seemed to work at full speed on my linx vision so I'd imagine other NIS games should work fairly well.


Well they must have made massive advances then, as my gaming rig with very decent gfx card, struggles.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by citrusred » October 19th, 2016, 11:25 am

F0LLETT wrote:
citrusred wrote:I didn't try for very long but Soul Nomad seemed to work at full speed on my linx vision so I'd imagine other NIS games should work fairly well.


Well they must have made massive advances then, as my gaming rig with very decent gfx card, struggles.


I think NIS games a generally just fairly lightweight. I also tried grimgrimore which is also 2D but has puppet style animation on it sprites and their was a lot of slowdown.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: September 22nd, 2016, 9:49 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: CeX
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by jbach50 » January 4th, 2018, 5:16 am

I know I am joining this thread rather late but according to a vew youtube videos I have watched, the PS2 emu in question works well (also works well on my not cutting edge desktop PC) I havent gotten my Linx vision yet, just purchased one off ebay (was never available in the USA) mine should be here tomorrow or friday (last check in it was in Liege Belgium lol)
Member
Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: January 3rd, 2018, 7:24 am
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by F0LLETT » January 4th, 2018, 9:23 am

jbach50 wrote:I know I am joining this thread rather late but according to a vew youtube videos I have watched, the PS2 emu in question works well (also works well on my not cutting edge desktop PC) I havent gotten my Linx vision yet, just purchased one off ebay (was never available in the USA) mine should be here tomorrow or friday (last check in it was in Liege Belgium lol)


With alot of tweaking I bet. Plus this was a few years ago, maybe they have improved code.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: PS2 emulator.

by jbach50 » January 28th, 2018, 6:43 am

actually no tweaking at all, just ran well, now the Play! emulator needs tweaking lol. i'm also looking for a good N64 emulator (I have retro Arch but it can be a paid to configure (outside of RetroPie anyway lol) and a dreamcast emulator as well
Member
Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: January 3rd, 2018, 7:24 am
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Remove Ad