Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 1010 and Linx 10 drivers : Linx 1010

Linx 1010 and Linx 10 drivers

Linx 1010 and Linx 10 drivers

by paulpaulw » October 11th, 2017, 11:19 am

Hi -
I joined this forum to specifically try and recover 2 devices I have - a Linx1010B which is stuck in an infinite "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop and a Linx10 - which - after I set something in the usb section of the BIOS - will not boot directly from usb anymore and there is thus no apparent way back into the BIOS to reset the thing since the keyboard is dead pre booting to Windows.

So I came to download the drivers for both the Linx 10 and the Linx 1010. I get the screen which says "If you don't want to upgrade to premium and you're OK with the slower download speed, just sit back and wait for the countdown to end and your download will start automatically"

But it doesn't. It just goes to a new window where pressing the Download link opens a new window where pressing the Download link ....etc etc and no drivers can be downloaded. Any chance this might be fixed so that I can download - something - anything - to try and rebuild these Linx tablets? Thanks

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 1010 and Linx 10 drivers

by Squirrel2015 » December 11th, 2017, 2:24 am

Hi Paul

Just found your post, so sorry if an unwanted interruption ...

Did you find the necessary drivers for the Linx 1010B? I've just reinstalled Windows 10 Home, using iso on USB stick but now I have no touchscreen, no rotation of screen plus other unfound issues as yet.

Maybe you can help me out? If this reinstall works, maybe I can help you out too ;)
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon

by jimboalex » December 22nd, 2017, 1:49 pm

hi there
i desperately need help too
after reinstalling windows from a usb stick i have no audio output device and no hid compliant touchscreen
getting very frustrated by gong round and round in circles
help me obi wan kenobi youre my only hope lol

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: currys

by Squirrel2015 » December 22nd, 2017, 7:32 pm

jimboalex wrote:hi there
i desperately need help too
after reinstalling windows from a usb stick i have no audio output device and no hid compliant touchscreen
getting very frustrated by gong round and round in circles
help me obi wan kenobi youre my only hope lol

Hi Jim

Firstly, could you translate your last sentence please? I don't recognise the lanuage ;) LOL Actually, it's only the three words "obi wan kenob" Obviously, you were bashing away on the wrong keys but I can't make head n' tail of it. Not that it matters, as I think I've got the gist but I'm curious now ;)

OK, sounds like you haven't installed the drivers. I had similar problem, in that screen was in portrait mode, no touch sensitivity - I didn't try further, just shouted for help. I had the drivers but didn't know what to do with them LOL

So, if your screen is attached to a keyboard, like mine was, first thing to do was to go to settings, Display and set as 'Portrait' At least then it was easier using the touchpad. I then installed my bluetooth mouse so it was so much easier thereafter.

I can only presume you haven't got the drivers? They don't come with Windows so you need to install them separately. I'll just have to check where I downloaded the drivers from and then I'll be back.

Hang on in there ....
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by Squirrel2015 » December 22nd, 2017, 7:57 pm

Hi Jim

This is the link from which I got the drivers for my Linx. You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

I have 1010B, ie with keyboard, 32-bit. I suspect it's all the same though, but I'm no expert, by any means. ;)

Download the drivers (to USB Stick if using another computer/device for downloading) for Win 10, 32-bit, assuming you have installed Win 10 (there is also option for Win 8.1) You'll see them on the left hand side of the page

With the USB stick plugged in, or file in Download, or alternative, RIGHT click on the Windows icon - (extreme left of Task Bar), click on Device Manager

Identify the ones that need drivers (may have yellow exclamation mark), RIGHT click on it, uninstall current driver, then install driver and point to where you have your drivers, ie USB stick. Then, once that one done, go one to the next one and follow the same procedure

Hope this works for you ..... Please post back to let us know how your Linx is doing .... :)
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by jimboalex » December 26th, 2017, 2:16 pm

hi Squirrel
many thanks been away for xmas just got back and will try your fix thankyou
the "help me obi wan kenobi" is a star wars reference
jim

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: currys

by Squirrel2015 » December 26th, 2017, 3:11 pm

jimboalex wrote:hi Squirrel
many thanks been away for xmas just got back and will try your fix thankyou
the "help me obi wan kenobi" is a star wars reference
jim

Hi Jim

Hope you've had a good Christmas ;)
Great, I'm sure you'll manage ok. If not, get back here, but I'm certainly no expert!!!
Please post back re your outcome. Be good to know it's all up working and running again :)

I'm about to try using Symbiotic link so as to install MS Office onto microSD (128Gb) so as to keep C:\ for Windows only. I'll first 'practice' on a smaller app just to make sure I get the syntax right etc ;) I think this could be the way forward for the small internal drive, eh?

Sq
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by EFitzpatr7 » January 12th, 2018, 11:15 am

Squirrel2015 wrote:This is the link from which I got the drivers for my Linx. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25311/System-on-a-Chip-SOC-Driver-Package-for-Intel-Compute-Stick

You beautiful, beautiful person.

I have spent the past 2 days searching for drivers, trying the YoutTube guide, etc. with the driver installs and nothing worked.

I stumbled on your reply here, tried the intel link you provided and, low and behold, it's actually worked. You've just saved my bacon, good sir!

Linx Tablet: --- New Models ---
Retailer: N/A
Windows Version: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

by Squirrel2015 » January 12th, 2018, 12:33 pm

EFitzpatr7 wrote:
Squirrel2015 wrote:This is the link from which I got the drivers for my Linx. You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

You beautiful, beautiful person.

I have spent the past 2 days searching for drivers, trying the YoutTube guide, etc. with the driver installs and nothing worked.

I stumbled on your reply here, tried the intel link you provided and, low and behold, it's actually worked. You've just saved my bacon, good sir!

Hi EFitzpatr7

I'm so pleased you've found my post so helpful. I discovered that, once downloading the file via the Media Creation Tool and then putting the drivers onto the Flash drive (unzipped, of course), Windows found the drivers and installed them itself, saving me a lot of time and effort. I didn't think to come back to post that bit. Maybe remember it if you need to re-install Windows again ;)

I've since done another re-install and, before installing anything other than Windows, I created some Sybolic links, fooling Windows into thinking it's installing programs onto C:/ drive when, in fact, the programs are installing on D:/ MicroSD 128Gb. So, I should be good for a while yet, eh? All seems to be working well having done this :) It took a lot of researching and help from another, very active, forum :)

I hope you continue to enjoy using your Linx for a long time to come ...

It did make me laugh, though, and quite chuffed, when I got to the end of your post and you put 'Sir' ;) I'm a little ol' grey-haired lady (not so little though, unfortunately) whiling away my days of retirement :o :lol:

Julie
aka Squirrel* ;)
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by alwills » February 24th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Thanx squirrel2015, after doing a large update of my linx 1010b i had lost all audio drivers so had no sound. I found this post with your reply after going through countless others, and voila a quick download and install and everything is working again. Thank you :)

Retailer: ebuyer.com

Next