Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Realtek RTL8723BS Wifi FIX : Linx 1010

Realtek RTL8723BS Wifi FIX

Realtek RTL8723BS Wifi FIX

by twopedalwarrior » October 13th, 2017, 1:38 am

Hi all

Just joined the ranks of owning one of these tablets. Discovered that i am one of the many plagued with wifi connectivity issues. Drop outs like crazy, reconnection issues. never stable more than 5 minutes

This particular on chip wifi/bluetooth chip from realtek has no new drivers since 2015 or 2016 specific to Windows 10. Even the new Creators build includes no updates for this driver.

Technical Background Fix (picture below of setting fix)

It got me thinking about the Tx/Rx connection rates. Long story short the beacon frame that initiates the 2.4ghz N connection appears to have issues negotiating and maintaining N protocols. I have Aruba wireless system at home that allows for in depth wifi packet analysis. Upon discovering the amount of negotiating errors, i dropped the capabilities of the card to B/G from B/G/N. Then Voila, stable wifi with no drop outs due to successful G Rates negotiation.

So there you go, no usb wifi needed. no new driver needed. just dumb the connection speed down. N @ 2.4ghz isnt any help for an under powered tablet like this. N is only good for highspeed throughput and much less interference for 5ghz

Picture fix. Go to Device manager and find your adapter and apply change like below and apply

http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/shawnandcara/media/Capture_zpsg52u7rux.jpg

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad