Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - External SSD? Do I need a powered hub? : Accessories (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

External SSD? Do I need a powered hub?

Give your Linx 1010 some new accessories!

External SSD? Do I need a powered hub?

by Dogindough » February 11th, 2016, 2:07 pm

I'm a photographer and am thinking of buying the Linx 1010 for the purpose of trasferring raw files from my camera to an external harddrive. My camera uses compact flash and the cards I have are 32GB each. I am looking at two harddrives - a sandisk extreme 500 and a Samsung T1- both are solid state drives either 250GB or around 500gb - haven't decided yet. I can't find any info on the net to advise if they would be compatible with the linx1010 and if so, also whether or not I would need a powered USB hub.
Any info gratefully received.
Many Thanks.

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: External SSD? Do I need a powered hub?

by SifJar » February 12th, 2016, 1:10 am

Dogindough wrote:I'm a photographer and am thinking of buying the Linx 1010 for the purpose of trasferring raw files from my camera to an external harddrive. My camera uses compact flash and the cards I have are 32GB each. I am looking at two harddrives - a sandisk extreme 500 and a Samsung T1- both are solid state drives either 250GB or around 500gb - haven't decided yet. I can't find any info on the net to advise if they would be compatible with the linx1010 and if so, also whether or not I would need a powered USB hub.
Any info gratefully received.
Many Thanks.
Haven't specifically tested those drives, but the USB ports on the Linx are full spec USB 2.0 ports, i.e. if the drives work without additional power on other PCs, they'll work here without additional power. As far as compatibility goes, they should work fine, it's just a regular Windows 10 device with regular USB ports. Any drives I've tried have worked great.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys

Re: External SSD? Do I need a powered hub?

by LinxNewbieGoPro » February 13th, 2016, 12:29 pm

Well if you want SSD for speed you wont see much of that past 42MB/s but if you want capacity with no moving parts then go for it just check the enclosure doesnt require a full 1a 5v power the port doesnt quite output a full 1 amp of power. :|

I would suggest SanDisk Ultra 128GB £25 is best price and these max out usb 2.0 speds and are very compact but the metal case does heat up as its fast acts as heatsink.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsburys