Remove Advertisement

Official Linx 1010 Keyboard Dock

Give your Linx 1010 some new accessories!

Re: Official Linx 1010 Keyboard Dock

Postby Sparkey159 » December 30th, 2015, 4:39 pm

That happens to me too. You're not alone. :cry:

I just have to keep nudging it till it is in a position where it doesn't easily disconnect.

Sometimes taking the tablet off the dock entirely and re-positioning it works too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am wrong about something, or if I break the rules in any way, just PM me and I'll do my best to fix my mistake.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sparkey159
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: PCWorld
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Postby harlequin1963 » January 13th, 2016, 10:39 pm

Stewcumber wrote:Does the keyboard disconnect extremely easily for other people too? I literally only have to nudge my 1010 and it disconnects and reconnects instantly but sometimes it will do that numerous times if I shift position or something. Or is this just mine?

I was hoping i was unlucky ..... the keyboard connect/disconnect sound goes off repeatedly if i have it on my knees , even on a table surface a slight bump causes ''bing bong''

May see if my old bluetooth keyboard is better , or even a full size attached to a usb hub
harlequin1963

Retailer: Amazon

Postby neiloliver243 » January 14th, 2016, 6:41 am

Hi, has anyone found a way to reduce track pad sensitivity whilst typing?

I've used surface and Dell tablets with keyboard docks (both win8) and this was an option. Can't find it in options.

My dock also disconnects and reconnects at the slightest nudge.

Thanks in advance.
neiloliver243

Postby DJW13 » January 21st, 2016, 2:41 pm

I was excited to receive my keyboard today, within the 30 days after my claim had been verified. Had a bit of a struggle to slot the tablet into the dock - am now waiting for it to detect the connection and set up the accessory. It seems to be taking a very long time...
DJW13
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Gift

Postby tony75 » January 25th, 2016, 4:05 pm

my keyboard arrived today.
it plugged in and worked immediately.
a very solid construction with positive key action.

the touch pad also mimics the the left right buttons on a mouse.

works superbly well
tony75

Retailer: Pc world

Postby jessnuman » January 25th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Finally got mine today.
Keyboard connected first time and really like the feel.
Trackpad is good too.
Fits in my cover perfectly too.
jessnuman
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Currys

Postby OwenH » June 2nd, 2016, 2:27 pm

Help with keyboard!

When I got my keyboard it took a long time to load the driver - several connections and disconnections. Now works mostly (can disconnect/reconnect easily sometimes but taking the tablet out and re-positioning it helps), except for one problem.

When typing the cursor will suddenly jump at random, placing letters somewhere else or even (once) sending an unfinished email - anyone know how to stop this?

Owen H
OwenH

Postby Squirrel2015 » June 8th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Hi

I have a Linx 1010B and also still have Linx 10 (which I will find a new home for soon) so I feel I am in a position to answer a few of the questions in this thread

1 - I can confirm the keyboard docking will NOT fit to the Linx 10

2 - The track pad can be disabled by pressing FN + F9. It will reactivate when the screen is removed and re-attached to keyboard, or when re-booted. I use a Bluetooth mouse so regularly disable the trackpad - for the very same reason that neiloliver243 describes

3 - I have also recently tried one of these - "2in1 Precision Thin Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus Pen", bought from a well known auction site, costing £3.29 and free delivery. This works extremely well, both on the Linx 10 and the Linx 1010B. It is good for tapping but, most usefully, for writing using the 'handwriting' facility (found when on-screen keyboard is open, bottom right - click the keyboard and select the square with pen. This is an excellent and very quick way to write notes, ie in collage, uni, meetings etc. I would definitely recommend one of these pens, (even if they say they are for iPad, iPhone Tab etc) If I find this 'cheap' one is not robust enough, I'll then try a more expensive one as it will be so useful :)

So, I hope that's helped some folks on here :)
Squirrel2015
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby ChaosInCalm » June 9th, 2016, 3:21 pm

OwenH wrote:When typing the cursor will suddenly jump at random, placing letters somewhere else or even (once) sending an unfinished email - anyone know how to stop this?

Keeps happening to me too... Very annoying to say the least!

Also, is there any way of turning down the sensitivity on the trackpad? It's mainly when I go to right click on a link or something and the cursor will jump and I'll end up clicking on something else!
ChaosInCalm

Postby tsotd » June 14th, 2016, 3:54 pm

as with everyone else i really dont get on with the mouse/trackpad, i even got a 2nd keyboard just in case mine was broken. the pad moves whenever it wants and when you try to "click" it jumps all over the place so you end up clicking on something you dont want. i also find that the left mouse seems to have next to no "click" on it compared to the right mouse.

on the bright side i now have 2 keyboards.
mite get another 1010 and run it off android
tsotd
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: laptop outlet

PreviousNext

Return to Accessories (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)