Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Bug Check when tablet is put to sleep after hibernation : Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

Bug Check when tablet is put to sleep after hibernation

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Bug Check when tablet is put to sleep after hibernation

by TomBailey3330 » January 9th, 2017, 4:17 pm

I recently purchased my Linx 1010b and I absolutely love it! It's been my daily driver for many days, and I've taken it with me everywhere. Recently I've been having problems while putting my device to sleep. My tablet decides to have a mood swing, displaying a sad face, or a BugCheck, with the keywords being Driver_Power_State_Failure. This seems to happen quite often. So far I've:

-Run the Power, Blue Screen and Hardware troubleshooters
-Checked and updated drivers
-Renamed the Intelbatterymanagement.sys to intelbatterymanagement.sys.old (which worked, but changed the battery meter to Unknown remaining (which isn't an ideal solution))
-Ran SFC and DISM scans

None of these, other than the intelbatterymanagement.sys seemed to make a difference. Is there any way I could update the intelbatterymanagement.sys driver, which seemed to be a cause of the problem. After a check on BlueScreen view, it said that the STOP code was 0x0000009f and that the problem was caused by NTOSKRNL.exe. I'm going to try reinstalling Windows too, but if that doesn't work, are there any other steps I can try?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Bug Check when tablet is put to sleep after hibernation

by tbeard » January 9th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Hi,

The BSOD should have created an dump file MEMORY.DMP which should contain information on what exactly is causing the crash. If you download and install the Windows 10 SDK you should be able to read the the DMP file.

Below is a link to some instructions for what you need to install from the SDK and also how to read the DMP file, might be worth copying the DMP file to a PC or laptop and use that device instead of the tablet to analyse the file, just because the file can be quite big.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Apologies for got to paste the URL: - You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Cheers,
TBeard
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: 3Monkeys

by TomBailey3330 » January 10th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Hi TBeard! I solved the problem by installing the unsigned version of the Intel power management driver. Thank you for your support :)
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: eBay

by tbeard » January 11th, 2017, 10:39 am

Excellent, glad it's all sorted! :-)
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: 3Monkeys