Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - My Linx 1010 won't boot. Windows Boot Manager boot failed. : Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

My Linx 1010 won't boot. Windows Boot Manager boot failed.

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

My Linx 1010 won't boot. Windows Boot Manager boot failed.

by gramenauer » December 26th, 2016, 11:15 pm

Hi, I can't get my Linx 1010 Tablet boot. When I turn it on, it says:

Windows Boot Manager boot failed.

Upon pressing OK a new message appears:

Internal EFI Shell boot failed.

Upon pressing OK another message appears:

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. Insert recover Media and Hit any key.

Ok, that is what I have tried:

1) I have made a USB stick with Rufus (FAT 32 file system, GPT partition for UEFI boot) and Windows 10 PRO 32 bits on it.
No success. Same messages on turning on the tablet
2) Tried an OTG cable, plugging the same USB stick from 1)
No success. Same messages.
3) Tried "Password Recovery" image instead of Win10 (in case the Win10 image was corrupted). I followed the guide on You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
No success. Same messages.
4) Pushed Power button and Vol+ simultaneosly, for 10-15 seconds
UEFI shows up with 6 icons on it (Continue, Boot Manager, Device Management, Boot From File,Secure Boot Option, SCU)
Boot From File -> Selecting \EFI\Boot\bootia32.efi. No success. Same message (\EFI\Boot\bootia32.efi boot failed)
Secure Boot Option -> I managed to disable it, but anything changed
Boot Manager -> My USB is listed (it is recognized!), but won't boot (same messages if I select it)

I'm really desperated.... I can see others in this forum have the same issue, but it's still not solved (http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1759&p=11834). Can someone help us? Would be very grateful. Thank you very much.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: My Linx 1010 won't boot. Windows Boot Manager boot faile

by nminton » January 26th, 2017, 9:25 pm

Hi gramenauer
I have the same problem.
In addition to your attempts I have attempted to boot from a Ubuntu USB with a 32 bit grub loader...
Same error message.

I wondered if anyone knows why the access into the SCU option in the UEFI diags menu doesn't open when selected.
Better still if someone could post how to gain entry via the keyboard...
Cheers
Nigel

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by basttdrew » March 5th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Have done the same.
Have tried Ubuntu, Knoppix, Puppy slacko and Puppy ubuntu.
Have downloaded the 64bit main ubuntu and added the 32bit boot to both the EFI/BOOT and /BOOT/GRUB folders.
No Bueno.

Retailer: argos

by damon312 » August 13th, 2017, 2:28 pm

has anyone managed to fix this problem? I have the same problem ive tried different windows ISO's 7,8,10 ive used the linx 1010 ISO provided on these forums ive tried the recovery ISO. after all these errors it comes up with the 6 boxes as a recovery menu and it actually sees my USB device made by rufus but same errors occur trying to boot from file even. looking in the system folder it doesn't seem to have much in the way of Microsoft booting . wont even preform a memory test without the same style error.

Retailer: unknown
Windows Version: Windows 10 Enterprise

by Skybluefan » January 1st, 2018, 1:54 pm

Hi Guys, I have the same problem as most of you, but I believe that I may have progressed a bit further than some of you.

I am stuck in a boot loop. I lent my system to a friend to check his emails. I do not know what he did, but totally screwed up my system.
1. I can get into the windows repair pages, but will not let me get any further. Automatic repair fails.
2. I downloaded the Linx10 iso from this site. 4.4Gb maybe it should be compressed for a bit of protection.
3. Downloaded and installed Rufus 2.18 used the Linx10 iso to create a bootable 64Gb usb stick.
4. Went into bios at startup. Then to the boot page, down to boot order. My usb stic labeled 'Recovery'
moved up to 1st, Window boot 2nd, and 3rd EFI.
5. Saved and rebooted. Booted to usb stick.
6. This is where things are starting to go wrong.
7.Choose a keyboard layout. --- American International ------
8. Choose an option -- 1st one Continue (exit and continue to windows on volume 4)

I have tried various keyboard options -- US --- -- United Kingdom -- This may be the problem. Which keyboard shou I use?

9. system reboots straight after keyboard choice. This is where the loop starts. I have tried to remove the usb stick, then boots back to the windows recovery options which all fail. If I leave the usb stick just keeps going back to the keyboard option window.

Any body managed to get any further.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Ecclipse

by Skybluefan » January 1st, 2018, 7:01 pm

Well guys after 3 days of trying I have found a solution. I will post all of the steps tomorrow. It should never be this hard, but I suppose should have done system backups.

by F0LLETT » January 2nd, 2018, 9:03 am

Skybluefan wrote:Well guys after 3 days of trying I have found a solution. I will post all of the steps tomorrow. It should never be this hard, but I suppose should have done system backups.

Sorry for late reply, sounds like you have an MBR problem. Bit like the cant find boot device.
I would normally boot recovery and rebuild MBR, selecting current OS installation location.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by Skybluefan » January 3rd, 2018, 2:54 pm

Thanks for the reply. will try that later. I got everything reloaded last night.

1 Did a system Reset.
2. Deleted everything.
3. Removed all of the partitions
4. Had to do the last one several times each time I got a few percent more until finally I installed a version of Windows 10.

( this may be one of the problems that others may have. Using windows media creation tool produces a 32bit version or a 64bit version. Non of these operating systems are recognised but the Linx. Window 8.1 RT was initially installed. So you really must down the win10 image from this site.)

5. Installed most of the apps that I had previously purchased many were no longer supported. Finally my MS Office. Everything seemed fine.

When I booted up in the morning!!!*** Crash, The system had updated windows 10 and after several restarts after failing to load the system needed to be reset again, With 2 Icons to reset to the operating system on Vol4 But Windows 8.1. Not windows 10 that I just installed.

Well guys back to square one again. Only this time using the same flash drive and the numerous resets I managed to install windows 8.1 RT. What had happened to Windows 10 ?????

*** Could the problem be that the linx 10 will not support Windows 10 RT. Is windows 10 RT still being supported by mictosoft. Lots of apps are no longer being supported. ****

There are lot of Windows 8.1 RT updates available, so I will install all of thase and see if it will still work, and hopefully get to upgrade to Windows 10..

If there are any Linx staff on this site can someone help me clarify exactly what is happening, it looks like I am not the only person that is having problems and I guess some would have allready disguarded thier tablets.

by F0LLETT » January 3rd, 2018, 11:02 pm

You could not have deleted all partitions, else it would not give you the option to go back to Win8.1.
Unless your saying you installed Win10 from Win8.1. If so, just to erasing all partitions and installing Win10 Home (normal, not any of the other ones).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by tranzit001 » March 16th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Hello. Did you manage someone to solve the problem with LINX? I have the same problem and I do not know how to fix it

Retailer: Media