Remove Advertisement

1010 battery draining after windows 10 anniversary update

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

1010 battery draining after windows 10 anniversary update

Postby Worldtraveller2016 » November 29th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Is your Linx tablet 1010 battery draining after windows 10 anniversary update, I found that if I disabled “turn fast start up” this worked for me, right click the start menu, go to power options, choose what power button do, change settings that are currently available, un check “turn fast start up (Recommended)”

Your tablet is slightly slower to boot and shut down but it solved my battery power from draining.

Hope this helps
Worldtraveller2016

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: 1010 battery draining after windows 10 anniversary updat

Postby tonyyeb » November 30th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Yes I am having that same problem, but even when I've used the shutdown. It drains to nothing and will only boot with the charger plugged in. I have turned off fast boot and connected standby to see if that helps.
tonyyeb
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ShopTo
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby gjlinx » December 12th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Hi there,
Both myself and my wife had the same problem. In my case my Linx tablet was under warranty so I returned it.

My replacement already loaded with Windows 10 and worked OK till a new update presented me the same problem. I was convinced it was something to do with the Power Settings. After trying various combinations without success I was going to take it back and get my money back.

I had a trawl around the Control Panel and found the following.

Navigate this: Control Panel
Device Manager
System Devices
Power Management IC Device

There will be various options including - UPDATE DRIVER

If it starts updating then the Driver (which just happens to be a Microsoft Driver) was out of date as mine was.

Having had no problems with my Linux 1010 since. I applied the same actions to my Wife's Linx 10 and her problem also disappeared.
gjlinx

Retailer: Staples

Postby Worldtraveller2016 » December 14th, 2016, 2:21 pm

Thanks gjlinx for that, have done what you suggested rebooted and turned back on the fast boot option, so far no battery draining and fast boot up, thanks again for the tip :D
Worldtraveller2016

Retailer: Ebay

Postby mole08 » December 18th, 2016, 12:49 pm

gjlinx wrote:Hi there,
Both myself and my wife had the same problem. In my case my Linx tablet was under warranty so I returned it.

My replacement already loaded with Windows 10 and worked OK till a new update presented me the same problem. I was convinced it was something to do with the Power Settings. After trying various combinations without success I was going to take it back and get my money back.

I had a trawl around the Control Panel and found the following.

Navigate this: Control Panel
Device Manager
System Devices
Power Management IC Device

There will be various options including - UPDATE DRIVER

If it starts updating then the Driver (which just happens to be a Microsoft Driver) was out of date as mine was.

Having had no problems with my Linux 1010 since. I applied the same actions to my Wife's Linx 10 and her problem also disappeared.

Can't say I have had a battery drain issue, there again I have had fast start disabled for some time, but having read this post I thought I would see if there was a driver update for the PM IC device, no came the reply. Out of curiosity in the same SD list there was a Battery Management driver that I clicked on, yes came the reply and it duly updated. Funnily though the new driver is no longer in the SD section but now in the Battery management folder in device manager. What this new driver does over the old one I can't say and what effect it will have on my machine if any we shall see. Of course this leads to the question, should one go through the whole device list looking for fresh updates even though there are no indications of problems against any devices on the off chance that there are new drivers that may have some benefits. Discuss.
mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Local store

Postby DJW13 » December 18th, 2016, 12:55 pm

Presumably there is, or should be, a way of getting new updates for everything automatically?
DJW13
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Gift

Postby Poundsey » December 21st, 2016, 10:52 am

That's a great spot, gjlinx. Thanks.
Have just updated mine and also found that an update was available for the Intel Battery Management Device, which has now moved from System devices to Batteries within device manager following the update.

I've spotted crash dumps being generated on shutdown - hoping these driver updates will resolve my problems but I will debug the dumps if they continue and post results.

I think a lot of my battery drain issues have been a crash dump, followed by an automatic restart and my tablet remaining powered on with me thinking it was off.
Poundsey

Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Return to Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)