Remove Advertisement

Linx 1010B Rotation Lock (Grayed Out) - SOLVED

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 1010B Rotation Lock (Grayed Out) - SOLVED

Postby linuxboi » January 23rd, 2016, 12:32 am

Hi,

I've been a Linx 1010B owner for a little over a month now, I have to say that it is a fantastic product for its price! I've had a great experience so far, until a few days ago - the dreaded Greyed Out rotation lock button bug that so many people seem to have had, yet no real support has been given for. I have tried everything I have seen on this and spent hours trying to resolve it, yet it still persists. The first question is: Does it seems that this isn't a bug limited to the Linx range, or do people think it is a Microsoft issues? Second: Any advice that hasn't already been given to fix this apart from reinstalling Windows (I would prefer not to do this option)? Also what is the best tool to use for the recovery ISO (transfer to USB) as Rufus stops after a few seconds and gives an error?

Thanks.
linuxboi

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Linx 1010B Rotation Lock (Grayed Out)

Postby Xesek » January 25th, 2016, 5:05 pm

What fixed the rotation lock for me was using:

http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/page.php?p= ... ccelerator

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... /windows10 for the recovery ISO. you can make a 64-bit or 32-bit (OR even both!)
Xesek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon UK

Postby AndyE » January 26th, 2016, 7:05 am

Xesek wrote:What fixed the rotation lock for me was using:

page.php?p=windows-10-command-centre---g-sensor-accelerator

You have a Linx 8 the OP has a Linx 1010 which has a Bosch accelerometer driver. I still have the issue and haven't been able to fix it. Plenty of other non-Linx users have it as well.
AndyE
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby linuxboi » February 17th, 2016, 11:54 pm

Hopefully this will help someone else out there that's pulling their hair out with this issue. Create a reg key file with this in it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"ConvertibleSlateMode"=dword:00000000
linuxboi

Postby stevesuk » February 18th, 2016, 4:17 pm

linuxboi wrote:Hopefully this will help someone else out there that's pulling their hair out with this issue. Create a reg key file with this in it:

Sadly although this works temporarily, it doesn't survive a reboot (or keyboard connection/disconnection) - for me at least. But if you don't reboot the tablet very often (or don't use the keyboard) it does make living with the issue a bit more bearable.

I'm currently waiting for Linx to send me a factory install image on a USB stick so I can restore the tablet back to the state in which it left the factory - which should then hopefully help us figure out whether this is a software or hardware problem.

Such a shame, because it spoils what is an otherwise brilliant little device.
stevesuk

Postby stevesuk » February 19th, 2016, 9:13 am

Well, Linx/Exertis said they would send a recovery USB stick within 5 to 7 days so I could try restoring back to the factory Windows install to try and resolve this problem. But nothing has arrived after 12 days of waiting. So I've decided to send my 1010b back to Amazon for a refund.

Shame, because its an OK device otherwise.

Amazon had on offer today, a Lenovo tablet/laptop combo (Miix 300) for only £10 more than I paid for the Linx. The form factor looks almost identical to the Linx (10.1" with a detachable keyboard/trackpad), so I'm going to try one of those instead.
stevesuk

Postby Spiritfish » February 28th, 2016, 9:15 pm

linuxboi wrote:Hopefully this will help someone else out there that's pulling their hair out with this issue. Create a reg key file with this in it:

This works! But only temporarily as Steve reported. When i reboot or attach the keyboard the convertibleslatemode reverts back to number 1. I made a reg file that I pinned to start menu so it goes fast to change it. Thank you linuxboi for finding this. Big help! I hope someone can find a permanent solution to this problem.
Spiritfish

Retailer: Lamina

Postby Spiritfish » February 28th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Btw i was searching for more settings to change and i stumbled on this one:

Use DeviceForm to specify the device form factor running Windows 10.
OEMs must set DeviceForm correctly to support the following features or components:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... =-21472173

I searched for DeviceForm in windows registry but could not find it. I think its set when you install windows 10. I havent found how to change it after windows is already installed. Anyone knows how to do that? I installed a fresh copy of windows and that setting probably got wrong during the install which might have something to do with the autorotate problem?
Spiritfish

Retailer: Lamina

Re: Linx 1010 rotation problem

Postby DannyfromChilwell » April 17th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Hello everyone - this is my first posting so please be gentle with me.
I've just bought a Linx 1010 and love it but for the fact that it insists on reverting to portrait mode when I switch off - even though I keep on selecting landscape mode via the Display section of the Control Panel; applying the change (and seeing it work) and then confirming that I want to keep the change. All is fine until I power off - which is does in portrait mode and, when I switch on again, the Linx 1010 again boots up in portrait mode. It does that even if after I've made the change in the Control Panel, the orientation appears to be locked.
I've read lots about several different Windows 10 rotation problems on line but still not been able to make my mind up if my particular problem is specific to the Linx 1010 or part of a more general rotation issue in Windows 10.
A number of people have mentioned the HID sensor Collection V2 in device manager. I don't have one. Should I? All I have under sensors Is:
Bosch Accelerometer
and
Sdo Sensor V2: driver date 21.6.06 (which seems old to me) and version 10.0.10240.16384 (which device manager tells me is up to date).
Any thoughts or advice would be welcome!
I should add that my Linx 1010 came with Windows 10 pre-installed (32-bit version though a x64 Atom Z3735F processor) and 2GB ram.
Product ID 00325-86280-97117-AAOEM
Best Wishes
Danny
DannyfromChilwell

Retailer: EBuyer

Postby jimbobman » July 15th, 2016, 6:28 pm

stevesuk wrote:

Sadly although this works temporarily, it doesn't survive a reboot (or keyboard connection/disconnection) - for me at least. But if you don't reboot the tablet very often (or don't use the keyboard) it does make living with the issue a bit more bearable.

I'm currently waiting for Linx to send me a factory install image on a USB stick so I can restore the tablet back to the state in which it left the factory - which should then hopefully help us figure out whether this is a software or hardware problem.

Such a shame, because it spoils what is an otherwise brilliant little device.

I may have found a solution of sorts. After changing the reg key above simply rename PriorityControl to something else such as PriorityControl1 or such like. I tried this and it worked and even survives a keyboard connection or reboot. The only slight drawback is the tablet still rotates even with a keyboard connected but that can be solved by using rotation lock as that isn't grayed out now either.

Hope this helps.
jimbobman
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: gift

Next

Return to Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)