Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Installing fresh copy of Windows 10 : Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

Installing fresh copy of Windows 10

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Installing fresh copy of Windows 10

by dha12oks » May 16th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if you can help, but some reason my Windows got corrupted.
I was looking through various of topics on this site, and went to http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2593 to be exact.

And when running it through the installation, it says not enough space... So does anyone know a work around this? I've installed OS a lot of times, just not on small amount of space, apparently this has 29GB space unallocated.

It does beg the question though in how they installed this the first time...

Any way I digress.

Thanks in advance!

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Installing fresh copy of Windows 10

by Squirrel2015 » May 18th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Hi

I'm not sure if the link you used is an old version of Win 10. When I decided to get the Fall Creator's update, last Autumn, I used the Update Assistant and found it very easy to complete. However, you will need to backup any data you want to keep because this method installs a new Win 10 with the up to date version, ie now Spring update.

I wanted to have a clean install and, by doing this, I still have enough space on the 32Gb drive although I also have MicroSD fitted too, for personal files etc.

So, I would suggest you first back up your drivers (re Follett's post viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2973)

F0LLETT wrote:Backing up the drivers currently being used on your device
Start powershell (admin) and type the following (it can take about 5 mins to complete).
Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination D:\DriverBackup <-Adjust destination as required.

If you are unable to access your Linx to backup your drivers, scroll down on the thread I've linked above, and follow the links to the drivers I backed up on my Linx 1010B.

Preferably using another computer, and having got your drivers, insert a fresh empty USB stick, min 8Gb and, under the heading 'Create Windows 10 installation media' from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10, click on 'Download Tool Now'. Follow the directions and download the up to date Win 10 version (1803)

Having now got this on your USB stick, copy the drivers to the stick (having extracted them if zipped file)

Plug usb into Linx, go to Settings, Update & Security, Recovery, Advanced Start-up - Restart Now (as far as I can remember) Have a read through the post linked above and hopefully this will help you.

Bear in mind, it's a good idea to have a keyboard (1010B or USB keyboard) and USB/BT mouse available in case you loose the touchscreen feature. Autorotate and Camera function have also been an issue since the Fall Creators update for many. I don't know if this has been fixed with the new update. I haven't updated my Linx to Spring update yet but have AutoRotate greyed out still and Linx no longer recognises the camera :( Neither are of particular importance to me but are for others.

Good luck
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Re: Installing fresh copy of Windows 10

by dha12oks » May 18th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately that application keeps crashing on me around 80%
I currently only have access to the boot screen, Windows has disappeared from it, it must've been something bad to do this xD

I'm trying to install Windows on this tablet again, every time it says that I do not have enough space to install it, which makes no sense, considering Windows 10 has a minimum requirement of 16GB for 32-bit.

Thanks in advance.