Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 1010 Leather Keyboard issue! Bought Linx 10 keyboard! : Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

Linx 1010 Leather Keyboard issue! Bought Linx 10 keyboard!

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 1010 Leather Keyboard issue! Bought Linx 10 keyboard!

by stevodonnelly » September 13th, 2017, 5:08 pm

I bought a Linx 10 Origami Keyboard because it was recommended to fit and work with the Linx 1010 Leather edition tablet. (I was very annoyed when I found out that the Linux 1010 wouldn't work with the leather edition!) I have found that it does not seem to be working. When I attach the keyboard it asks me to go out of tablet mode and when out of tablet mode it asks me to do the opposite. When I do, nothing happens. I've cleaned the connectors but still no joy. When I go to 'Device Manager' it tells me in the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' drop down that there is an 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'. Does this mean that the driver isn't installed correctly or does it mean I have a faulty keyboard. I am running Windows 10.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Leather Edition
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 1010 Leather Keyboard issue! Bought Linx 10 keyboa

by ArthurP » October 2nd, 2017, 9:51 pm

Same issue ... I contacted the manufacturer several weeks ago & their response is ... nada, zilch, zero, nul

So far it's thumbs down for manufacturer support ... but the jury still waits for the final decision .. they may surprise us

Retailer: through EBay

by Windowlicker » April 23rd, 2018, 11:37 am

Same issue with a 1010LTR and brand new Origami keyboard "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)", and a Code 43 error to the effect that Windows has shut down the device.

But at least I had 2 prompt responses from Linx/Exertis: First was to do a soft reset with charger attached (hold power button through shut down and start up). Didn't work, so they sent me a zip file of 1010LTR drivers, which updated successfully, but the keyboard is still completely dead. I do momentarily get a mouse cursor on the login screen, but the keys and the track pad are totally unresponsive.

It's just possible that I have a faulty keyboard, so I thought I'd share this here, in case it works for someone else.

Now, off to eBay to get a Bluetooth keyboard...

Retailer: Sainsbury

by Neo2111 » May 15th, 2018, 8:03 pm

I've now developed this issue after having reinstalled Windows. It has to be a driver issue as so many people seeing the same issue.

I can't find the keyboard specific driver though.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys