Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - WiFi connection lost after sleep : Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G) - 5

WiFi connection lost after sleep

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Re: WiFi connection lost after sleep

by SifJar » January 11th, 2016, 1:11 pm

DaveRH wrote:I wonder if the problem lies with dual-band routers which broadcast a single network name (SSID)? On some routers you can solve this problem by having two different network names. Take a look here:

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
I've experienced some issues with a BT Home Hub 3, which is single band AFAIK. Although those issues were different to the ones I experience with a Virgin Media Super Hub, which is dual band.

With the BT hub, I had issues with streaming video, it seemed like the connection was dropping every few seconds (I suspect this may have been due to WPS? I've read it can cause problems with this device, and disabled it but haven't had a chance to properly test that WiFi since disabling it). With the Virgin hub, I have a lot of issues when reconnecting after sleep mode. I wonder if this is indeed a factor. I might disable the 5 GHz band, seeing as I don't use it anyways, see if things improve. Although I did just downgrade the WiFi driver, so I guess I can't really know for sure.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by KWH2k16 » January 12th, 2016, 3:27 pm

I've been experiencing a similar WIFI issue with my Linx 810. When I wake it from hibernation it is connected to my router, but says there is no internet connection. I only have to turn WiFi off and back on to correct it. Not nearly as annoying, but not right all the same.

*Updated*
I've now started to get the same issue. The device is around 10 days old, fine to start, then getting the above after about 4 or 5 days. These last 2 days it's doing the same every time it comes out of sleep mode. Twice the WIFI settings have disappeared from the settings altogether, and I have to restart to get them back. I'll contact support and see what they advise.

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Sainsburys

by Niall » January 16th, 2016, 10:05 pm

I had exactly the same problem on my 7 after upgrade to w10. In fact for a 2 hour period I thought I'd bricked it through my messing about. I then tried something very I.T crowd! I uninstalled the wifi adaptor through device manager, and then did a shut down through the start button. Upon restarting, at first i had no wifi, then after a couple of minutes, win10 did something magical,and it came back on! Since then I've not had a single problem with it, but I do have sleep off, even on battery.

my drivers are;
Provider: Realtek
Date: 15/5/2015
Version: 3008.8.401.2015
Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
Not a scouser.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Gift

by mikemetalic » January 21st, 2016, 2:17 am

I had this problem with two tablets, both at my home and work. I have installed the older driver manually and now the problem has gone away. I used the driver available on this site, unpacked it, then went to device manager, select the wifi network adapter and clicked update driver, then you specify where to find the driver you want to use, select it and install. Reboot and you should be good to go. the driver file version is 3007.9.1015.2014. I did this to both tablets, they now regain connection to the wifi network when the tablet wakes from sleep state.

This has been an adventure, shame I had to join a forum to get the files I needed, I think Linx should have a better support website with file downloads for drivers. So thank you guys, job done.

Retailer: PC World

by Muncher001 » August 10th, 2016, 10:29 pm

I've updated (or rather downgraded) to the 3007 drivers and am still getting regular drop outs after sleep (pretty much constant). Am about to send the tablet back unless someone can help? Anyone had success with any other drivers or settings?

Retailer: amazon

by F0LLETT » August 11th, 2016, 7:53 am

Muncher001 wrote:I've updated (or rather downgraded) to the 3007 drivers and am still getting regular drop outs after sleep (pretty much constant). Am about to send the tablet back unless someone can help? Anyone had success with any other drivers or settings?

What happens if you turn airplane mode on and off?
Simplest answer would be to drop Connected Standby and dump sleep all together.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by Muncher001 » August 11th, 2016, 12:40 pm

Hi F0LLETT, Thanks for the response.

It is hit and miss with airplane mode, it will quite often show "no internet" on the connection status and dump out of chrome for a while with DNS or "Network change" errors. I set up a powershell shortcut that was recommended on another forum to reset the adapter via that route which seems to have more success (despite essentially achieving the same thing).

I think you're right, I will drop sleep altogether and see how the battery lasts (I tend to forget with Windows Tablets that they aren't a laptop and have quite a lot running).

Hopefully it will suffice as other than this issue it's a great bit of kit for the price. Again, appreciate the response.

Retailer: amazon

by F0LLETT » August 11th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Muncher001 wrote:Hi F0LLETT, Thanks for the response.

It is hit and miss with airplane mode, it will quite often show "no internet" on the connection status and dump out of chrome for a while with DNS or "Network change" errors. I set up a powershell shortcut that was recommended on another forum to reset the adapter via that route which seems to have more success (despite essentially achieving the same thing).

I think you're right, I will drop sleep altogether and see how the battery lasts (I tend to forget with Windows Tablets that they aren't a laptop and have quite a lot running).

Hopefully it will suffice as other than this issue it's a great bit of kit for the price. Again, appreciate the response.

Disable startup stuff that isnt needed. Like office, I hate the way it sticks stuff in taskbar. Same with flash player and quick time.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by robgodfrey » June 13th, 2017, 10:55 am

DaveRH wrote:I wonder if the problem lies with dual-band routers which broadcast a single network name (SSID)? On some routers you can solve this problem by having two different network names. Take a look here:

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Good thought. Based on that idea I've tried disabling the 5GHz channel on my Virgin Super Hub 2. No more network drops and my tablet is synchronising a pile of films in Plex which I couldn't get on it as the network didn't stay up long enough for each item to complete.
This certainly isn't a fix (I don't imagine many people want to take a modern access point and make it behave like a far older one) but its allowed me to get the films on my daughter's tablet which I've been struggling with for so long. I'll re-enable 5GHz when sync is finished.

Thanks for the thought @daveRH

Retailer: eBay

Previous