Returned 1010b

General chit-chat on the Linx 1010

Returned 1010b

by BenWilliams » December 11th, 2016, 7:42 pm

I was adamant I made a post when I got mine, but cannot for the life of me find it so must be me getting old...

Bought a 1010b two weeks ago today after reading reviews etc and seeing that overall they get good feedback, sadly all didn't work out and it was actually returned today and I'll be returning to android.

Overall, whilst the build quality is very nice, the two main flaws for me were the included keyboard doesn't hold the screen properly at all so constantly connects and disconnects and the battery life is appalling, the constant hesitatance to power on and or come out of standby is beyond irritating when you reach for the tablet to use it. The final straw was the blue screening which started last night.

As much as I really wanted to love this, and did when I first saw the linx brand in stores and played with them more and more, owning one has completely changed my view on them and can personally now see why other windows tablets are further up the price range and are generally preferred. I think linx have the potential to do really well, but based on my experience, they have a little way to go yet.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: N/A
Windows Version: None

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Returned 1010b

by Popc0rn » December 13th, 2016, 11:18 pm

As it's a tablet and typically expected to be available, up, and running moments after your picking it up you really needed to disable hibernating which is the cause of the delayed start.

The slowing could either be due to Windows updates in the background. Alternatively, at most once a week and at least when you notice it slowing in performance you need to run Superantispyware to clean out the trackers, etc, that are notorious for for slowing Windows.

Do you have antivirus installed? Have you done a full sweep?

If only you had dropped a message in here earlier...
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home