Print screen

General chit-chat on the Linx 1010

Print screen

by andycabs » October 21st, 2016, 6:06 pm

I have a dongle mouse/keyboard attached sometimes to my Linx 1010B. The key for print screen on this keyboard works fine. But the keyboard dock does not have this key, the closest I can get to it when the linx is stand alone is the snipping tool. Anyone know a way round this please?

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Asda
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Print screen

by F0LLETT » October 23rd, 2016, 12:21 pm

andycabs wrote:I have a dongle mouse/keyboard attached sometimes to my Linx 1010B. The key for print screen on this keyboard works fine. But the keyboard dock does not have this key, the closest I can get to it when the linx is stand alone is the snipping tool. Anyone know a way round this please?

Only solution I can think off, is to bring up On Screen Keyboard. Theres a printscreen button on there.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by JohnD » February 9th, 2017, 12:30 am

You have probably solved this already, but I also wanted a PrtScn key on the dock keyboard. I solved it with the program SharpKeys which allows you to re-map one key onto another (and writes it to the registry so can be uninstalled the prog and it still works). I re-mapped ScnLk (that I never use) with PrtScn. It took me several goes until I realised the left column is the key on the keyboard (ScrLk for me) not the one you want it to become (PrtScn). Both keys are listed under "Special". Hope that helps.

Retailer: currys

by Cliff » February 9th, 2017, 3:41 pm

The buttons on the tablet itself for power and volume up when pressed quickly together take a snapshot on my Linx 10v64 so probably do on yours too. The snapshot is made as a screenshot(1).png file in the Pictures -> Screenshots folder.

Getting it right though is quite tricky so it's best if the power button is pressed the tiniest fraction of a second before the volume and only hold them both down momentarily, then release them together. When it works the screen just blinks for a moment to say it's done.
Last edited by Cliff on February 10th, 2017, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"

by JohnD » February 10th, 2017, 2:07 am

Thanks for that.I read about it for Windows Surface Tablet, and tried it several times. But always failed and ended up switching the tablet off. So either I lack the necessary dexterity, or it doesn't work for 1010. Even my blundering key presss work with my re-configured ScrLk.

I'm trying to re-configure a key for Euro symbol now. But so far failed.

by Cliff » February 10th, 2017, 12:48 pm

JohnD wrote:Thanks for that.I read about it for Windows Surface Tablet, and tried it several times. But always failed and ended up switching the tablet off. So either I lack the necessary dexterity, or it doesn't work for 1010. Even my blundering key presss work with my re-configured ScrLk.

I'm trying to re-configure a key for Euro symbol now. But so far failed.

It's power and volume up on mine but I've noticed it's almost always power and volume down on other tablets so give that a try. To help you get the timing right imagine you're pressing the shutter button on a camera. Mind you I have the timing down pretty well and still knock it into sleep sometimes.

OSK the on screen keyboard seems useless for printscreen, because who wants to photograph a keyboard ?

That leaves the keyboard remap you did, or perhaps a game controller button remap.

For the Euro symbol try pressing Ctrl Alt 4
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"

by JohnD » February 13th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Thanks Cliff. Ctrl Alt 4 works perfectly for the € symbol.