Remove Advertisement

anniversary update

General chit-chat on the Linx 1010

Re: anniversary update

Postby tony75 » October 10th, 2016, 3:15 pm

my linx 1010 goes through the motion of installing anniversary update ..which takes for ever , then immediately reverts back to previous version.

when I try to install using media creator it tells me that I need 16GB of memory free.
the initial disk size on this system is approx. 28 Gbytes. I have 9 gbytes free so impossible to update. but then how do I stop it trying.

I have recovered as much memory as possible ... finding 16 gbytes is impossible..

I have removed windows old and reset paging file etc.

can anyone help to either do the update or how to prevent it continuously trying.?

is it possible to upgrade the SSD c drive to a larger size .. even if this a factory mod.

many thanks
tony75

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Pc world
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Postby F0LLETT » October 10th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Try using the creation tool to create a Win10 32Bit ISO. Then try with that, as that should only require 8gb free space tops.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby tony75 » October 12th, 2016, 9:34 pm

many thanks
will try to create a 32 bit iso...
tony75

Retailer: Pc world

Postby mole08 » October 13th, 2016, 8:29 am

tony75 wrote:my linx 1010 goes through the motion of installing anniversary update ..which takes for ever , then immediately reverts back to previous version.

when I try to install using media creator it tells me that I need 16GB of memory free.
the initial disk size on this system is approx. 28 Gbytes. I have 9 gbytes free so impossible to update. but then how do I stop it trying.

I have recovered as much memory as possible ... finding 16 gbytes is impossible..

can anyone help to either do the update or how to prevent it continuously trying.?

is it possible to upgrade the SSD c drive to a larger size .. even if this a factory mod.

many thanks

You don't have an SD card installed by any chance? my 1010b refused to update until I removed mine.
I had less than 16Gb of free space available and AU loaded just fine. My gripe was that Cortana reactivated ( previously disabled ) and that on disabling afresh the usual search function no longer works.
mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Local store

Postby F0LLETT » October 14th, 2016, 11:03 am

mole08 wrote:
tony75 wrote:my linx 1010 goes through the motion of installing anniversary update ..which takes for ever , then immediately reverts back to previous version.

many thanks

You don't have an SD card installed by any chance? my 1010b refused to update until I removed mine.
I had less than 16Gb of free space available and AU loaded just fine. My gripe was that Cortana reactivated ( previously disabled ) and that on disabling afresh the usual search function no longer works.

Doh, keep forgetting this one. Even though I had same issue in the past and took me a while before I relised.
Should make a thread with common issues and resolutions, then sticky it, :).
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby mole08 » October 14th, 2016, 12:35 pm

That would be really useful Chris, there are lots of repeat posts about issues that have been previously part covered, and keep getting asked again. Also there are crossed threads that have similar queries over the whole of the site. As the forum has grown it seems that Q's are dropped into every odd location. Not sure how its possible to instil a bit of self discipline, how much posts make of the search function before posting is hard to tell. Dare say Dan did not envisage site traffic at the outset. Perhaps its a sign of the Linx success!
mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Local store

Postby F0LLETT » October 15th, 2016, 1:59 pm

mole08 wrote:That would be really useful Chris, there are lots of repeat posts about issues that have been previously part covered, and keep getting asked again. Also there are crossed threads that have similar queries over the whole of the site. As the forum has grown it seems that Q's are dropped into every odd location. Not sure how its possible to instil a bit of self discipline, how much posts make of the search function before posting is hard to tell. Dare say Dan did not envisage site traffic at the outset. Perhaps its a sign of the Linx success!

Well, I only have mod rights, so can't tweak site code. Would love to have access, as I have run atleast 10+ forums since 2001.
I just messing with PHP, :).

I am able to move threads however. If you come across any that need moving, please PM me.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Previous

Return to General (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)