Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - First Thoughts.. : General (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G) - 2

First Thoughts..

General chit-chat on the Linx 1010

Re: First Thoughts..

by PaulC » October 9th, 2015, 10:37 am

Confirmed that it was definitely WPS that was affecting the Linx tablet Wifi connectivity so I've cancelled the return process back to Amazon (using the tablet!) and i shall be keeping the device.

I'm also starting to wonder what affect WPS was having on other Wi-fi connected devices such as NowTV and FireTV........

I can start installing 'stuff' now and give it a real test. :D

Just for completness these were the error messages that were appearing in the Windows system event log concerning the WLAN-AutoConfig service that led me down this route :

WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.
Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Error Code: 126

WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter.
Code: 1 0x10 0x4

Cheers
Paul

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by danskeman » October 9th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Dann wrote:If any of the Linx 1010 users would like to create us a recover image for the site, I'd appreciate it!

Actually a recovery image is no longer as a critical requirement as with 8.1+Bing, as Windows 10 does not use the wimboot method any more.

There is actually little difference between a recovery image and a clean install of the standard MS iso.

However, I am not certain if recovery usb stick maintains all the special Linx drivers. It is a good idea to backup the 3rd party drivers just case.

It is still a good plan to create usb recovery stick (saves later hassle), and I would try and post one for a Linx 8, but my broadband is pretty crap.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon

by johncarson » October 10th, 2015, 12:58 am

PaulC wrote:Confirmed that it was definitely WPS that was affecting the Linx tablet Wifi connectivity so I've cancelled the return process back to Amazon (using the tablet!) and i shall be keeping the device.

Dang, I wish I could have tried this before returning my tablet as my BT HH4 currently has the WPS turned on.

I really liked the 1010 but the slow speeds and WiFi conductivity issues were driving me nuts. I'd 3 resets (Widows 10 re-installs) and a recovery from a restore point after a borked attempt to install an older adapter driver. I ran out of patience, but wish I could have tried the WPS as I really liked the tablet/keyboard combination and it was great value.

Just a quick mention for Laptop Outlet UK. They arranged collection of my tablet and have refunded (In full including postage) within 3 days. Great service.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: online

by vinny » October 11th, 2015, 9:02 am

Hi All
I have been having the same issues with WiFi connectivity and needing to reboot my tablet to reconnect. I am using a virgin Superhub - how do I go about turning the WPS off and what affect will it have on my other devices connected to my WiFi ( a laptop and my samsung galaxy s5) ??
Interestingly people who visit me with iPhones always seem to have problems seeing / connecting to my virgin superhub - could this WPS issue be affecting them as well?
Sorry I'm not to good on this type of stuff but will be really pleased if this sorts out my issue with the WiFi as i too and really happy with it apart from this one issue.
Thanks, Vinny

Retailer: meridian

by tsotd » October 17th, 2015, 8:27 pm

after having my 1010 for just over a month my touch pad has decided to stop working, you can still move the mouse around but you dont get anything from pressing/tapping the pad which is a shame as the tablet is working fine without any problems as is the keyboard
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: laptop outlet

by throwaway » January 7th, 2016, 9:40 pm

Just a +1 to say I was also having severe wireless problems, including extremely slow page loads and even no connection at all (with the wireless icon displaying the 'no internet' alert), and switching off WPS from my BT Homehub completely solved the problem - it's now lightning fast.

Retailer: ebuyer

Previous