Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Which case are you all using for your Linux 7? : Accessories (Linx 7) - 2

Which case are you all using for your Linux 7?

Give your Linx 7 some new accessories!

Re: Which case are you all using for your Linux 7?

by K1lo » January 3rd, 2015, 10:51 pm

Still waiting for mine to show.. next day delivery my ###
K1lo

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by klarky » January 4th, 2015, 8:32 am

I also bought a similar case but at a higher price. I'm returning it as the 3 tangs don't hold the linx7 very well. At £4 it's worth it if you have to bend the tangs or modify the case,I'd suggest some foam glued in to stop the linx slipping out the top or bottom. I paid nearly £11 as it was advertised as fitting the linx7. Going to go for a bluetooth keyboard instead I think and a higher quality case.

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by sambartle » January 4th, 2015, 5:40 pm

A lot of third party Kindle Keyboard (3) cases fit too (if they have generic style corner mounting - as its NOT the exact same size), as they are similar sized.

I have a proporta one with an aluminium plate in the front and with a slight modification it works perfectly.. Really soft leather too, and very thin, and the plate protects the case brilliantly.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by K1lo » January 15th, 2015, 11:03 am

The case I posted about earlier finally arrived. Sadly I don't recommend it, the brackets don't fit the 7 at all (it's too slim) and the keyboard is pretty much unusable for anything other than pecking at individual keys. Shame, but if nothing else I've got a mini keyboard I can use in an emergency. Still looking for an idea case for my 7...
K1lo

by binholmist » January 16th, 2015, 1:06 am

I got one of the cheap micro-USB keyboard cases, but although the keyboard was fine, I wasn't happy with how much bigger and thicker the case made it -then I discovered that the three lugs holding the Linx were metal under the plastic, and the sharp edges of the tabs weren't covered in plastic, just some black rubber paint, and they were starting to scratch the edges of the tablet. This wasn't good because I wanted to be able to switch between a keyboard folio and a slip case, and it seemed like the more often I took it in and out of the case, the more opportunity for it to get scratched.

So I had a look at more expensive keyboard cases and ended up getting this Belkin one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CY9XHB4
It's made for the Nexus 7 but my Linx fitted firmly into the elasticated corners, the keyboard paired with the Linx (although you do have to give it plenty of time when it moves on to the "Installing...." stage - it was probably a couple of minutes but it felt a lot longer!).
Has a very high quality feel throughout, much slimmer and not much bigger than the tablet, plus it holds the tablet screen well away from the keyboard case.
Downsides? Well, ~ and # aren't marked on the keys, but [Fn]+J and [Fn]+K produce the characters so it doesn't worry me. The left elastic mount covers the USB socket completely, but I discovered that on the probably infrequent occasions I need to use the USB it's easy to pop the tablet out an stand it in the natural slot between the mounts (supporting its back), and the top of the keyboard block stopping it from moving forward. Looks very slick, and uses magnets to hold it closed or in the stand position. Also easy to fold round behind the tablet if I want to just use it as a portrait tablet without using the keyboard - doesn't get bulky in that position.

The other item I got was a slip case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D9VAAG6
Very slimline, dark brown synthetic leather with a lighter brown microfibre lining, and although it's made for the Nexus 7, it fits the Linx perfectly, not too loose or too tight.

Retailer: Amazon

by gjd » February 2nd, 2015, 7:08 pm

I'm using one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RLGHWMU/r ... linx7+case

The picture is not the 7inch tablet case.

Mine is black. The tablet is held in place by a Velcro flap that tucks in behind it. There are no clips or elastic straps.

Fit is good, with holes aligning with cameras, sockets and buttons. Not too bulky, with a subtly contrasting velvet lining and a magnetic closure.

Smells a bit plasticky, and looks like it's made from elephant, but happy enough!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by swiftnick » February 13th, 2015, 1:04 pm

I bought one of these ELTD Linx 7 inch Tablet Case £10.95 from Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RLGHWMU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Made specifically for the Linx tablets and fits like a glove.

Retailer: Ebuyer

by JAHLU » February 19th, 2015, 4:17 am

I ordered the following one today, and hopefully it'll get here by Saturday. I'm looking forward to using it and the new tab' when I hopefully get it tomorrow. (if not, I'll order online, I guess)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MWUCGGM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Something really clever and insightful stupid goes here.

Guitarist, computer geek, lover of the German language, on-and-off gamer, and love improving my fitness and overall health.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: PC World

by GEEKPAW1582 » April 5th, 2015, 5:35 pm

Hi I am a newbie here so this is my first post.

I am using this case
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELTD-Linx-inch- ... inx+7+case

It fits my Linx 7 perfectly with all the correct cut outs and it holds the unit snug. I am pondering to buy one for my linx 10 now as they are that good.

Hope this helps.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: argos
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

by ally21 » July 31st, 2015, 10:40 am

Got an HP Stream case here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221683501096? ... EBIDX%3AIT Just neesds a little work with my dremel to expose sleep button and to clear a little for some ports, also to bore a hole for the camera otherwise fits my Lynx 7 very well !
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

PreviousNext