Which case are you all using for your Linux 7?

Give your Linx 7 some new accessories!

Re: Which case are you all using for your Linux 7?

by DJSubterrain » November 28th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Since it's a clone of the HPStream 7 (apparently), I've plumped for this case :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Cover-Str ... B00PVZSC8Q

Looks very similar to the official HP cover, it's not too pricey and it looks like it'll provide a little better protection that the generic mass of cases on Amazon/Ebay. It's "fulfilled by Amazon" meaning it's in their warehouse so it shouldn't require the weeks long waits of generic Chinese manufacturers too.

Has the hard plastic protection on the corners too as most smashing of phones/tablets are caused by them dropping on their corner, a lot of cases don't protect this area making it no safer than having no case on at all.

Here's a review of it on YT:

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

I'm still waiting for delivery of my Lynx 7 so hopefully they'll come in at the same time and I can let you know if it's any good. I might look at putting a bit more foam padding on the inside of the case to protect the screen.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay Seller
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by pug957 » December 14th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Thought I'd plump for the official HP case as it seems to be the same as the Targus Formfit cases I have for the 810 and 1010.

At the moment its a further 50% off at the HP store but only available in white. The discount code is there and makes it a tenner delivered.

Looking forward to getting it now.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainsbury

by pug957 » December 16th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Got the HP case today.

First impressions are it's well built and seems to work fine. It doesn't quite fit right and the tablet doesn't feel held in as tight as it should be. Almost feels like it's trying to jump out if you know what I mean?

Compared to the Targus cases there's no contest really. The HP is also "missing" the elasticated strap to hold the cover closed when not in use.

But given it's not designed for these tablets I guess I can't complain about that really.

Overall I'm really happy with it. the trifold cover seems to work well and it'll do exactly what it was meant to do. For the sake of a tenner it's possibly about the best fitting case you'll find that you can just fit and forget without having straps over the corners or getting the dremel out :D

I just wish Targus would do one like the 810 and 1010.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainsbury

Previous