Remove Advertisement

Which case are you all using for your Linux 7?

Give your Linx 7 some new accessories!

Which case are you all using for your Linux 7?

Postby Jim » December 23rd, 2014, 1:57 pm

Good to see a forum to cater for these bargain tablets :D

Which case are you all using to protect your Linx 7?

So far I am yet to find anything that fits too great the relatively narrow Linx 7. I am hence using a £1 tablet sleeve which does for now. I have a Chinese Android tablet which is the same size as an Ipad Mini so it was easy to get a case for that but the Linx 7 seems a bit of a challenge. The generic ones seem either too big or to be a bit rubbish. .. :roll:
Jim
Original Member
Original Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay

Remove Ad

Re: Which case are you all using for your Linux 7?

Postby Synner » December 24th, 2014, 10:38 am

I have found a couple of cases that fit - the Polaroid 7" tablet sold in Asda seems to be the same size, but I have also discovered that the Linx 7 is a clone of the HP Stream 7 - which has a rather lovely case that can be purchased from their website. Mine was delivered mere moments ago, and my Linx fits beautifully into the form fitting case, which has an iPad style folding cover. OK, so the rear camera hole is in the wrong place, but who uses a tablet camera anyway?

Seriously recommended, for £20 delivered (on Christmas Eve too!) as long as you don't mind having a 'HP' logo on your case.
Synner
Original Member
Original Member

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby CogZog » December 26th, 2014, 2:04 am

Synner wrote:I have found a couple of cases that fit - the Polaroid 7" tablet sold in Asda seems to be the same size, but I have also discovered that the Linx 7 is a clone of the HP Stream 7 - which has a rather lovely case that can be purchased from their website. Mine was delivered mere moments ago, and my Linx fits beautifully into the form * case, which has an iPad style folding cover. OK, so the rear camera hole is in the wrong place, but who uses a tablet camera anyway?

Seriously recommended, for £20 delivered (on Christmas Eve too!) as long as you don't mind having a 'HP' logo on your case.

If I bought the screen protector, would the Polaroid 7" or HP Slate 7 fit better do you think?
CogZog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby Jim » December 27th, 2014, 10:13 pm

Synner wrote:I have found a couple of cases that fit - the Polaroid 7" tablet sold in Asda seems to be the same size, but I have also discovered that the Linx 7 is a clone of the HP Stream 7 - which has a rather lovely case that can be purchased from their website. Mine was delivered mere moments ago, and my Linx fits beautifully into the form * case, which has an iPad style folding cover. OK, so the rear camera hole is in the wrong place, but who uses a tablet camera anyway?

I like the look of that! I didn't realise the HP Stream and the Link were so close that the sizing is exactly the same. That is useful to know. I am assuming the Polaroid one is nowhere near such a good fit?
Jim
Original Member
Original Member

Postby K1lo » December 30th, 2014, 10:57 am

I ordered one of these yesterday.. case and keyboard for £4? Sounds too good to be true. Will report back and post pictures when it arrives.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301442201179
K1lo

Postby Synner » December 30th, 2014, 12:54 pm

I like the look of that! I didn't realise the HP Stream and the Link were so close that the sizing is exactly the same. That is useful to know. I am assuming the Polaroid one is nowhere near such a good fit?

The Polaroid case is a generic 7 inch tablet case, with elasticated corners holding the tablet loosely in. The stream 7 case - other than the camera hole - is a perfect fit, with all the ports and buttons accessible too. It also appears to have magnetic closure, ipad style, but it doesn't sleep or wake the Linx.

Having scouted out eBay, there appears to be a number of screen protectors for the hp as well - no reason they shouldn't fit the Linx just as well as the case.
Synner
Original Member
Original Member

Retailer: ebay

Postby Dann » December 30th, 2014, 5:18 pm

K1lo wrote:I ordered one of these yesterday.. case and keyboard for £4? Sounds too good to be true. Will report back and post pictures when it arrives.

Bargain! :lol:
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK

Postby Jim » December 30th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Dann wrote:
K1lo wrote:I ordered one of these yesterday.. case and keyboard for £4? Sounds too good to be true. Will report back and post pictures when it arrives.

Bargain! :lol:

It is! I bought one similar but made the mistake of following the photo on ebay instead of the description and ended up with one having a standard USB connector and not a micro USB as required :oops:

Fit wise it is OK, a bit loose and cheap quality in general but for the money still a good buy if you want a keyboard.
Jim
Original Member
Original Member

Postby K1lo » December 30th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Hopefully it will be a OTG USB connector. If not its a really simple job to cut off the USB connector and solder on the right one.

I'm expecting it to be fairly basic, but it will be good to have some input device to deal with all th games I'm testing that point blank refuse to do anything without a KB/Mouse combo
K1lo

Postby darrensteel » January 3rd, 2015, 7:25 pm

I have one of the cheap £5 keyboard cases as listed above. they work great. just make sure it has the micro usb end not the standard end as you will end up buying an adaptor. this tablet is smaller than usual so I had to just bend the legs slightly so it had a firm grip
darrensteel
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Next

Return to Accessories (Linx 7)