Remove Advertisement

No audio device installed- nor touchscreen

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

No audio device installed- nor touchscreen

Postby Room13 » September 1st, 2016, 10:20 am

Hi, I have a Linx 810.
In creating room for Windows 10 anniversary update + making use of Drivereasy I have run into driver problems. I have tried restore but that does not work- not sure if I have lost the original drivers section :(

Anyway, I have the usual touchscreen problem + rotation- I have tried reading the suggestions here (Goodix Driver) but the driver does not have executionable part- on the device manager what is the device I am trying to upgrade?

In addition I have no audio device output device on my device.

I have tried to go through Legacy route on Device manager on both counts but hasn't fixed it.

I suspect I have done something to the Intel chip drivers as I don't have any way of locating battery information either :(

One final question- I can connect my Linx 810 to my TV via a micro HMDI-HDMI cable, but I can only ever get one screen- either the TV or the tablet- I can't get Windows+P to create duplicate screen. Is this normal or is it because of my messing up the drivers.

Any help appreciated
Room13

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Hughes
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: No audio device installed- nor touchscreen

Postby F0LLETT » September 1st, 2016, 10:34 am

You should have exclamation marks in device manager.
Try each one in turn until it doesn't give "this driver is not compatable with this device" speech.

Have you tried downloads section?
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1897#p12124
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby Room13 » September 1st, 2016, 10:58 am

Thanks for swift reply. The only device with exclamation mark is PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller. And yes, I got the Goodix Drivers from that link but I don't see an executionable part. Nor an obvious device in device manager to go towards. Using Legacy Hardware routine does not seem to work either. A bit stumped really- don't really want to take it back to the shops.
Room13

Postby F0LLETT » September 1st, 2016, 4:53 pm

Room13 wrote:Thanks for swift reply. The only device with exclamation mark is PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller. And yes, I got the Goodix Drivers from that link but I don't see an executionable part. Nor an obvious device in device manager to go towards. Using Legacy Hardware routine does not seem to work either. A bit stumped really- don't really want to take it back to the shops.

That PCI Encryption / Decryption Controller, is going to be sound card.
Do you have any devices labeled Touch? it may just be a case that the gt file is needed.

You don't need an executable for drivers. You can also right click catlog (if I recall) file and click install.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby mole08 » September 2nd, 2016, 8:01 am

F0LLETT wrote:
Room13 wrote:Thanks for swift reply. The only device with exclamation mark is PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller. And yes, I got the Goodix Drivers from that link but I don't see an executionable part. Nor an obvious device in device manager to go towards. Using Legacy Hardware routine does not seem to work either. A bit stumped really- don't really want to take it back to the shops.

That PCI Encryption / Decryption Controller, is going to be sound card.
Do you have any devices labeled Touch? it may just be a case that the gt file is needed.

You don't need an executable for drivers. You can also right click catlog (if I recall) file and click install.

This is a great forum where nuggets of information can be mined from across the various posts, but its a bit hard to track them down, hence why I asked Dan to put up a search facility. Back in Dec 15 I had just bought a 1010b with the manufacturers stock windows 10 on-board which was running nicely when Good ole Microsoft decided to give me an update. This totally bu****ed up the device so much so that I was forced to download from scratch a new win 10 installation. This threw up a number of issues and I posted a reply to a "driver power state failure" post to try to resolve a problem. [ 1010 Help Dec 10 deadilus ] In that post I said that I was having a big issue ( no not the mag ) with a missing PCI encryp/decryp file not being found. Could not find on-line or anywhere. As a last resort I pointed my search to the archived win 10 folder that had been created when the update occurred and hey presto there it was. Never totally got to the bottom of it but it resolved the issue for me at the time. I don't know if you have an old archive or if a 1010 device file is suitable, but perhaps Moderator Chris (Follett) could put a copy up for you to try if you are still stumped.
Type "PCI" in search to see all the posts. As I say never fully understood issue but seem to remember it related to the "Trusted Execution Engine interface" file missing in System folder. Good luck.
mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Local store

Postby Room13 » September 3rd, 2016, 3:34 pm

The PCI/Encryption does not recognise the audio drivers I downloaded from here. I have PMed someone who mentioned they have a recovery image on this forum. I will have to come back to the tablet when I have more time- or perhaps contact Linx manufacters. Thanks anyway
Room13

Postby F0LLETT » September 4th, 2016, 9:45 am

Room13 wrote:The PCI/Encryption does not recognise the audio drivers I downloaded from here. I have PMed someone who mentioned they have a recovery image on this forum. I will have to come back to the tablet when I have more time- or perhaps contact Linx manufacters. Thanks anyway

Actually mole08 is correct. It will be the trusted execute engine.
If you have touch devices in the device manager, then it must be the touchsettings.gt file thats missing from Windows/INF/ folder.
On my vision, before I knew about the gt file. I had no touch at all even though drivers were installed. Every driver I had downloaded, were missing the gt file. Luckly someone on the forums, was able to send me that file. As soon as it was placed in the INF folder, touch all started working fine.
I then went on to create a clean Win10 iso with full touch support (and all correct drivers) for the Vision.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby Room13 » September 5th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Can anyone send me that gt file- any help appreciated!
Room13

Postby F0LLETT » September 6th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Room13 wrote:Can anyone send me that gt file- any help appreciated!

viewtopic.php?t=1555&p=9188#p12125
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Return to Help (Linx 810 & Linx 810 3G)