Remove Advertisement

Bricked an 810 - Recovery assistance required!

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Bricked an 810 - Recovery assistance required!

Postby dacatherall » June 15th, 2016, 12:55 pm

Hi,
Currently have 105 of these devices. Probably not the smartest move now that I've started to set them up. I originally planned to take an image of a 'built' one then write the image back to the other devices, no luck. First device was happily rebuilding with new image then it rebooted and now it's stuck in a repair loop. I've tried unsuccessfully to recover from the recovery partition. Can't boot from USB to hirens or BartPE etc. Manged to boot to WIndows 10 (32bit) from USB but can't interact as i assume the touchscreen drivers can't be loaded. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Dave
dacatherall

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Exertis
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Bricked an 810 - Recovery assistance required!

Postby meagain » June 15th, 2016, 3:11 pm

dacatherall wrote:Hi,
Currently have 105 of these devices. Probably not the smartest move now that I've started to set them up. I originally planned to take an image of a 'built' one then write the image back to the other devices, no luck. First device was happily rebuilding with new image then it rebooted and now it's stuck in a repair loop. I've tried unsuccessfully to recover from the recovery partition. Can't boot from USB to hirens or BartPE etc. Manged to boot to WIndows 10 (32bit) from USB but can't interact as i assume the touchscreen drivers can't be loaded. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Dave

Hirens or BartPE will not work as they are XP-based and XP does not have EFI. Put Win10 ISO on a USB along with a USB hub and mouse and keyboard then connect this via OTG to the tablet and reinstall Windows. This is not a brick, only a removal of the OS and can easily be fixed with a £4 USB hub.
- meagain
Watch this space
meagain
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Return to Help (Linx 810 & Linx 810 3G)