Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 810 Dead, no charging light showing. : Help (Linx 810 & Linx 810 3G)

Linx 810 Dead, no charging light showing.

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 810 Dead, no charging light showing.

by Harpseal » June 10th, 2016, 8:23 am

Hey,
So I've owned a Linx tablet for about 3 months now, and it's going really well.
Well.
Until last Monday (June 6th 2016) anyway.
Upon discovering one evening that it was almost out of charge, I plugged it in and left it (the charging light still showed at this point).
The next morning, I check it and the battery percentage hasn't changed. I leave it plugged in.
Later that evening, I come back and the tablet is dead. The charging light isn't on although the tablet is plugged in and left in just the same position as it was before.
I've tried different chargers, I've tried wiggling the conenction around, I've tried on USB and from the wall, all of this etc.
I've tried all the advice I can get from more or less every thread on this forum regarding power issues (try me anyway, I could have missed one or two).
Since the problem started, I've tried leaving it plugged in for great lengths of time, leaving it unplugged for great lengths of time, emergency shutdowns, power ons, basically every combination of buttons I could think of, connecting it to a keyboard and trying a hopeful 'ctrl-alt-del'... etc.

I was just about to fire off an email to Linx customer support when I decided 'nah, I'll give these guys a go - they've been really helpful in the past'.
So. Any suggestions?
All the best,
Harpseal
Wake up, Skip School, Turn on the Atari

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 810 Dead, no charging light showing.

by F0LLETT » June 10th, 2016, 12:49 pm

How long did you wait with other chargers? if its gone completely flast then it can take up to 10mins for it to register anything.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by Harpseal » June 10th, 2016, 4:30 pm

I tried two other chargers, leaving the tablet overnight on both cases. I'm not one for staying up all night or anything, so this was a good 8 or 9 hours each.

by F0LLETT » June 10th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Harpseal wrote:I tried two other chargers, leaving the tablet overnight on both cases. I'm not one for staying up all night or anything, so this was a good 8 or 9 hours each.

Only other thing I can think of, is its in a flash mode. Try holding power button for 1 minute and then wait 10 seconds and press power button.
If it is hardware, could be what you mentioned before as you said you plugged it in while it was low and it didn't show it was charging apart from charge light. Take it itcharged ok, before you noticed it was almost empty.
Resolute and Industrious

by Harpseal » June 11th, 2016, 6:42 am

Brilliant, thank you. I'll give it a go.
Other than that, is there anything else you could possibly think of by any stretch of imagination short of going to support and probably ending up with some sort of replacement?
Have you any clue how the warranty claims business works or possibly any tips for making it smoother?
Thank you so much for your help,
Harpseal

by F0LLETT » June 11th, 2016, 10:17 am

Harpseal wrote:Brilliant, thank you. I'll give it a go.
Other than that, is there anything else you could possibly think of by any stretch of imagination short of going to support and probably ending up with some sort of replacement?
Have you any clue how the warranty claims business works or possibly any tips for making it smoother?
Thank you so much for your help,
Harpseal

Their support isn't amazing, still waiting for a reply to 2 of my support requests from 6+ months ago. Their just lucky to have this forum and Dann, which saves them having alot of customers coming their way. Just fire off an email to them and see what they say.
Resolute and Industrious

by Harpseal » June 11th, 2016, 3:02 pm

Their support isn't amazing, still waiting for a reply to 2 of my support requests from 6+ months ago

I'd follow that up again if I were you. That's pretty bad. But, I've read elsewhere on this forum that they can be really quite good and efficient? I'm not doubting you - I'm about to find out for myself ( :? ), but it's unusual that they can be bad for some and good for others.

Their just lucky to have this forum and Dann, which saves them having alot of customers coming their way.

You're right there. When I have trouble, I google it, and google always takes me here, which is better by far than anything the manufacturers have supplied in their manuals or anything.

Just fire off an email to them and see what they say.

You might have picked this up already, but I'm on it right now. Your previous suggestion I'm afraid hasn't worked (yet), but I'm still trying everything.

Thanks again for your time,
Harpseal

by sgrimshaw » July 11th, 2016, 11:48 am

Are you running Windows 10?

I'm having a similar problem with a Linx8 which I just upgraded to Win10.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010

by Harpseal » July 11th, 2016, 2:07 pm

Yes, I am.
I never had to upgrade anything but I've heard the upgrade killed all sorts of devices.
I contacted linx customer support and they got back pretty quickly. I sent them all the necessary information and they said they'd arranged a pick-up.
A guy comes from some parcel delivery service the next day with a swap - not a pick up. It's kind of off-putting, like - what happens if it turns out it was my fault? do they confiscate my current one?
I don't know, but contact them and they'll have it replaced. You'll need proof of purchase and a lot of other information, but the process is over pretty quickly and you'll get a nice new tablet.
Unfortunately, you will probably have to make the upgrade again, and only pray that it works this time...
Hope it works out!
-Harpseal

by F0LLETT » July 11th, 2016, 3:46 pm

Harpseal wrote:Yes, I am.
I never had to upgrade anything but I've heard the upgrade killed all sorts of devices.
I contacted linx customer support and they got back pretty quickly. I sent them all the necessary information and they said they'd arranged a pick-up.
A guy comes from some parcel delivery service the next day with a swap - not a pick up. It's kind of off-putting, like - what happens if it turns out it was my fault? do they confiscate my current one?
I don't know, but contact them and they'll have it replaced. You'll need proof of purchase and a lot of other information, but the process is over pretty quickly and you'll get a nice new tablet.
Unfortunately, you will probably have to make the upgrade again, and only pray that it works this time...
Hope it works out!
-Harpseal

Your fine don't worry, they will just get it working and send it back out as a refurb.
Resolute and Industrious

Next