Remove Advertisement

Power Issues when turning on (now got cracked screen)

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Power Issues when turning on (now got cracked screen)

Postby theexterminator » February 3rd, 2016, 10:25 pm

Hi guys,

I bought a Linx 810 two weeks ago after I got paid. This week I started getting some really odd issues where I had to plug the tablet in to be able to turn it on. The battery is fully charged, so not sure whats happening.

I hit the back to see if that would help, which it didn't so I now also have a cracked digitiser. I'm guessing these aren't common for the Linx 810

But for the power issue I'm guessing they would have accepted it but now with the screen I'm guessing its my fault

Any advice?
theexterminator

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad

Re: Power Issues when turning on (now got cracked screen)

Postby F0LLETT » February 4th, 2016, 10:38 pm

theexterminator wrote:Hi guys,

I bought a Linx 810 two weeks ago after I got paid. This week I started getting some really odd issues where I had to plug the tablet in to be able to turn it on. The battery is fully charged, so not sure whats happening.

I hit the back to see if that would help, which it didn't so I now also have a cracked digitiser. I'm guessing these aren't common for the Linx 810

But for the power issue I'm guessing they would have accepted it but now with the screen I'm guessing its my fault

Any advice?

How long did you leave it plugged in before trying to turn on, as I had same problem, fully charged, but after not using it for a day. It would not boot until I charged it for atleast 10 mins, not even the charge would come on.

You must have hit it extremely hard for it to crack.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby LinxNewbieGoPro » February 7th, 2016, 4:27 pm

:o Why did you bash the tablet on the back :roll:

You did go out of the way to give it a knock you are either going to have to send it direct back to linx for a repair or put it on eBay and sell as faulty but newish unit. Someone might be able to replace the screen for you but considering you seem to think a hit will fix a power issue I wouldnt suggest doing it yourself.

Try holding down the power on for 3-5 seconds I sometimes find I need to hold it for a period of time for it to come on.

I've got the leather edition and the blue light never changes when fully charged this is a known design fault that seems to be only with the leather edition of the tablet. :? I've also noticed something I got a shortish usb cable that connects to the plug I've purchased one thats twice as long to make it easier for me to charge and use/put down and i find it doesnt charge quite as quick need to check if its rated as 2amp 5v might only be 1amp rated.

Power and WIFI and Micro SD are the biggest issues ive seen so far with these. If you suss the power indicator / switch on, the wifi drops and the micro sd speeds these will be an amazing piece of kit right now they are great but needs some work by the user to get these fixed when it should be sorted ready for the end user to just enjoy.

Welcome to the forum, but please refrain from bashing :)

PS. Only use the plug they supply thats mentioned in the manual they don't say anything about using a different cable though.
LinxNewbieGoPro
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsburys

Postby theexterminator » February 18th, 2016, 10:03 am

Its not too bad. I picked up the 810 Leather edition in Sainsburys last Saturday and will use the damaged one on the insider program :)
theexterminator

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby LinxNewbieGoPro » February 20th, 2016, 10:54 am

810 leather is nice just wish the power indicator worked its always blue so i give it three hours to charge and then unplug from the tablet then from the mains.

ive also found a way round the wifi issue do not let it go to sleep.

also a way round the slow micro sd apparently in the bios there is an option to enable a faster speed but with mixed results some report not working some report dropped ccard connection i will have to try i would love to double the read and write speeds.

give it 20 minutes to charge if running from empty which is what they recommend before going to use.
LinxNewbieGoPro
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsburys

Return to Help (Linx 810 & Linx 810 3G)