Remove Advertisement

Setting up your new Linx 810 (may apply to other models)

General chit-chat on the Linx 810

Setting up your new Linx 810 (may apply to other models)

Postby KWH2k16 » January 6th, 2016, 8:07 pm

I thought I'd share what I've found out from Linx support about setting up and using your new Linx 810 tablet.

It's recommended that you fully charge the device before switching it on for the first time. Most Linx devices glow a red LED which will either go out, or turn blue when fully charged, with the exception of the leather edition, which appears to remain blue regardless of the charging state. I charged my Linx 810 Grey Leather device for 2.5 - 3 hours before switching on for the first time.

Linx support gave me the following advice to maintain a healthy battery, and get the best battery life...

"Let it fully power down as much as you can to avoid issues with the battery.

Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops in which the PC will saves all of your open documents, and running files to your hard disk and then turns it off completely.

When you start your system again, you will be able to continue with your work right from where you left it.

How to enable or disable Hibernate in Windows 10:

• Press Windows + X keys to open Power menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) [I used Terminal without an external keyboard, with the tablet in desktop mode].
• To enable Hibernate, type command powercfg/h on
• To disable Hibernate, type command powercfg/h off

Manage settings for Hibernate:

• Press Windows + X key to access Power Menu and select Power Options from there [or in desktop mode search hibernate in the Control Panel].
• Click Change plan settings next to the power plan you have active.
• Now select Change advanced power settings.
• In Power Options scroll down and expand Sleep.
• Click on Hibernate after
• Enter the minutes you want your PC to be idle before it Hibernates
• Press Ok to apply the changes.

This will allow you to disable certain sections of hibernate and sleep mode.

Please email linxsupport@exertis.co.uk if you need further advice."

P.S. to take a screenshot/screen capture depress the Windows key and volume down key simultaneously (the leather edition has a physical key at the top right of the device, rather than the windows emblem at the bottom centre). The screen will dim momentarily, and an image of the current screen will be saved in your pictures folder.
KWH2k16

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Sainsburys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Return to General (Linx 810 & Linx 810 3G)