Remove Advertisement

Support have sent me recovery USB for free after I brokemine

General chit-chat on the Linx 810

Support have sent me recovery USB for free after I brokemine

Postby qrck13 » January 18th, 2016, 7:44 pm

I broke touchscreen on my Linx 810 by installing Win 8. Linx support have sent me recovery USB for free!

It took a while to get it arranged on their side but finally I got it with the post today and my tablet is back to normal today.

These guys are the best!

This recovery is for Linx 810 only. I've asked support if they are OK with me taking image of the disk and sharing with someone else (who might need it). If they would agree - I'll put it on dropbox somewhere.
qrck13

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Smyths
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Support have sent me recovery USB for free after I broke

Postby varnish » March 14th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Have you sent nenemo (probably wrong spelling) a message. He found the recovery images for linx8 and 10.
varnish
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Cex

Postby F0LLETT » March 15th, 2016, 8:51 am

qrck13 wrote:I broke touchscreen on my Linx 810 by installing Win 8. Linx support have sent me recovery USB for free!

It took a while to get it arranged on their side but finally I got it with the post today and my tablet is back to normal today.

These guys are the best!

This recovery is for Linx 810 only. I've asked support if they are OK with me taking image of the disk and sharing with someone else (who might need it). If they would agree - I'll put it on dropbox somewhere.

Just share it, linx support just don't seem to care. I have 3 unanswered emails, over a month now.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby DavyDurton » July 22nd, 2016, 1:17 am

qrck13 wrote:I broke touchscreen on my Linx 810 by installing Win 8. Linx support have sent me recovery USB for free!

These guys are the best!

Hi qrck13 yes, please share it, I have the same issue but Linx support is not helping at all.
DavyDurton

Linx Tablet: Linx 810 Leather Edition
Retailer: Sainsbury
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby r4clb » July 26th, 2016, 10:27 am

I dont suppose you did this yet, I bought a new one from ebay, turns out its refurbished and I cant find drivers for it, may have powered off and now recovery loop

thanks

Ryan
r4clb

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: ebay

Postby F0LLETT » July 26th, 2016, 2:41 pm

r4clb wrote:I dont suppose you did this yet, I bought a new one from ebay, turns out its refurbished and I cant find drivers for it, may have powered off and now recovery loop

thanks

Ryan

PM OP.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision

Postby beenie » February 20th, 2017, 8:07 pm

Hi qrck13,

Yes please share the recovery USB. My 810 leather has just arrived but will not start. after pressing the on button for the first time I'm getting a "computer restarted unexpectedly, click ok to restart the installation" but it just comes back with the same message.

I've asked for a replacement but would rather re-install windows if I can find an image and some instructions. This is my first experience with a tablet.

Reinstalling windows myself will probably work out much quicker than waiting for a new one to arrive.

Many thanks

Dave
beenie

Retailer: amazon

Postby Cliff » February 21st, 2017, 11:42 pm

beenie wrote:Reinstalling windows myself will probably work out much quicker than waiting for a new one to arrive.

I assumed you charged the tablet and then booted it with the mains power adapter connected and that you made sure to remove any MicroSD in the slot which there wouldn't be anyway with a new tablet, so lets get to the good stuff.

If you read around the forums here to see the problems people have had installing Windows to a tablet and getting everything working because Windows misses drivers like the one for touchscreen and even not counting the risk of it failing totally for whatever reason, getting a new one will likely be much quicker. You may even lose the key for Windows held in the UEFI firmware if you're really unlucky. I don't see how you will be able to run a program like showkeyplus to find out what the key is because you can't get into Windows to run the program.

Installing requires you booting from a USB flash drive by holding down the F7 key just after power up to start the boot menu, or using the Delete key to get into the firmware so you can boot from USB as an option in there (don't touch anything else you can brick the tablet with some options). You can also get into the firmware by holding the tablet's power key and volume up as the tablet starts.

You can't install 64 bit windows, it has to be 32 bit because the UEFI is usually 32 bit on Linx tablets (except on my 10v64 which has a 64 bit UEFI so I couldn't install 32 bit which is a quirk of UEFI firmware).

Anyway others have already blazed this path to installing Windows 10 so just read their accounts of how to do it. Have a look at the Windows 10 command centre shown in the top right of your screen, then think about getting the replacement tablet that already works instead :lol:
Cliff
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"

Postby beenie » February 22nd, 2017, 8:54 pm

thanks for the advice Cliff, its parceled up and ready for the post man :-)

Cheers

Dave
beenie

Retailer: amazon

Return to General (Linx 810 & Linx 810 3G)