Remove Advertisement

better gpu?

Loads of soldering required.... probably.
Forum rules Any of the modifications in here are more than likely going to void any warranty you have on your tablet, if you're not willing to lose the warranty, do not try these mods. LinxTablet, nor the poster of the modification is not liable for any damage caused to your tablet by attempting modifications

better gpu?

Postby StealthDOP3 » January 10th, 2017, 8:40 pm

hi, anyone tried to make an egou for linx tablet? mine is vision linx
StealthDOP3

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: ps.no
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: better gpu?

Postby F0LLETT » January 11th, 2017, 11:09 pm

Please explain, as I did not understand what you said at all?
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Retailer: Argos

Postby Cliff » January 12th, 2017, 6:37 am

I'm guessing that was meant to be E-GPU External Graphics Processor Unit.

When using one for full size graphics cards those typically connect through a mini PCIe port, I can't think offhand of a tablet that has one. Some of the latest operate via USB type C if you can afford them. They need their own power supply locking you to being near a mains supply.

If either the tablet or E-GPU is only USB2 I think it would probably be a waste of time trying due to the lack of bandwidth.

I can't see it being worthwhile myself, I'd rather use a full computer for high spec programs or a tablet by itself for freedom of movement.
Cliff
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"

Postby F0LLETT » January 12th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Cliff wrote:I'm guessing that was meant to be E-GPU External Graphics Processor Unit.

When using one for full size graphics cards those typically connect through a mini PCIe port, I can't think offhand of a tablet that has one. Some of the latest operate via USB type C if you can afford them. They need their own power supply locking you to being near a mains supply.

If either the tablet or E-GPU is only USB2 I think it would probably be a waste of time trying due to the lack of bandwidth.

I can't see it being worthwhile myself, I'd rather use a full computer for high spec programs or a tablet by itself for freedom of movement.

Ah, now Im with you. I looked into this for my laptop as it was one of the first to support the new card slot. Turned out to be pointless for stuff like gaming. Things may have changed, but as far a I can see, Cherry Trail handles itself very well.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Return to Hardware Modifications (All Devices)