Remove Advertisement

Touch screen help please.

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Touch screen help please.

Postby Chess » September 14th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Hi all.
I have a Linx 7 windows 8.1 tablet.
It powers on, but the touch/ swipe screen won't work, so preventing me entering the next screen to enter my password to get further. worked perfectly until this morning.
I've tried the shutdown/ re-boot, (power button) to turn off and on but no joy. Is there a way to factory reset using buttons only ? I have a keyboard coming today, so if anyone knows the sequence to factory reset or to get screen to work again using keys, that would be helpful too.
Anyone any ideas, recommendations ? Greatly appreciated if you could help. And sorry if this has been covered before, I did look, if you do find the post regarding this, please link for me.
Cheers.
And a big thanks in advance. !
Chess

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

Remove Ad

Re: Touch screen help please.

Postby F0LLETT » September 15th, 2016, 11:00 am

Chess wrote:Hi all.
I have a Linx 7 windows 8.1 tablet.
It powers on, but the touch/ swipe screen won't work, so preventing me entering the next screen to enter my password to get further. worked perfectly until this morning.
I've tried the shutdown/ re-boot, (power button) to turn off and on but no joy. Is there a way to factory reset using buttons only ? I have a keyboard coming today, so if anyone knows the sequence to factory reset or to get screen to work again using keys, that would be helpful too.
Anyone any ideas, recommendations ? Greatly appreciated if you could help. And sorry if this has been covered before, I did look, if you do find the post regarding this, please link for me.
Cheers.
And a big thanks in advance. !

Before trashing the whole thing, I would wait for keyboard. Then check device manager.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Return to Help (Linx 7)