Remove Advertisement

Bricked Linx 7 (Lamina, the nordic version)

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Bricked Linx 7 (Lamina, the nordic version)

Postby catclaw » August 18th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Hi everyone!

I've got 4 Linx tablets but I managed to brick 2 of them.
One Linx 7 and one Linx 10. (Both Lamina - the other two are Linx, and they're working just fine.)

I've read the article about using RaspPI to restore to BIOS settings through SPI-programming.
My question is if it's possible to use an Arduino UNO, as I don't have a RaspPI.
(Or if there's any other ways to power up the devices.)

Please help, 'cause I'm in mad love with my Linx tablets.
(I'm photographer and with a 128 GB SD-card, it's like having a PC in my pocket, where I can "unload" my pictures from the camera, instead of using a fullformat laptop.)

Sincerely yours,
Iman Mirbioki
Sweden
catclaw

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Media Markt
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Bricked Linx 7 (Lamina, the nordic version)

Postby catclaw » August 20th, 2016, 2:49 am

Anyone??!?!
catclaw

Postby nememo » August 20th, 2016, 7:27 am

There may be a way, but it won't be anything like using a Pi and it's unlikely someone on this forum will be able to help you out here specifically for that.

A RasPi and an Arduino are two completely different things when it come to software. The RasPi is a computer which runs typical software (albeit Linux, not Windows), whereas the Arduino runs special software compiled for the hardware without a host operating system. So, that means you don't necessarily need a RasPi to do the deed - any linux PC will do as long as it has a form of GPIO available.

I have no doubt an arduino will be up to the task, but it won't be anything like the guide on here using the RasPi. I found this after a quick google: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register suggesting it's possible.

And remember, a RasPi Zero costs just £4 and is enough to do the job in hand.
Linx 8 Owner
nememo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples

Postby catclaw » August 21st, 2016, 3:56 pm

nememo wrote:There may be a way, but it won't be anything like using a Pi and it's unlikely someone on this forum will be able to help you out here specifically for that.

A RasPi and an Arduino are two completely different things when it come to software. The RasPi is a computer which runs typical software (albeit Linux, not Windows), whereas the Arduino runs special software compiled for the hardware without a host operating system. So, that means you don't necessarily need a RasPi to do the deed - any linux PC will do as long as it has a form of GPIO available.

I have no doubt an arduino will be up to the task, but it won't be anything like the guide on here using the RasPi. I found this after a quick google: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register suggesting it's possible.

And remember, a RasPi Zero costs just £4 and is enough to do the job in hand.

Yeah, you're right.
Using an Arduino is just to hardcore for the task.

Isn't there any other ways to wake them up?
It's so frustating...

But thanks for the help and your time.
I'll better buy an RaspPi anyway. It's really worth it.
catclaw

Return to Help (Linx 7)