Auto rotate not working properly after windows 10 install

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Auto rotate not working properly after windows 10 install

by paulrep » July 14th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Hi All
I recently updated our Linx 7 and Tesco connect 7 (virtually identical) tablets to Windows 10, there was no auto rotate button on either after install, updated sensor drivers and updated windows, auto rotate has now come back on both tablets, however on both tablets when in auto rotate mode, tablet flips fine in landscape but is upside down in portrait? any idea's?
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 4:45 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: tesco
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Auto rotate not working properly after windows 10 instal

by F0LLETT » July 14th, 2016, 7:12 pm

paulrep wrote:Hi All
I recently updated our Linx 7 and Tesco connect 7 (virtually identical) tablets to Windows 10, there was no auto rotate button on either after install, updated sensor drivers and updated windows, auto rotate has now come back on both tablets, however on both tablets when in auto rotate mode, tablet flips fine in landscape but is upside down in portrait? any idea's?


viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1417

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1673

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

I have a Vigalen Connect 7, same as linx 7 and tesco one. However the screens are set up differently. So if you will need to try different reg files if screen is reversed.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Auto rotate not working properly after windows 10 instal

by paulrep » July 15th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Thanks for the reply, Is there anywhere i can find what reg files to try? and more importantly how to do it? i'm new to all this.
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 4:45 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: tesco
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Auto rotate not working properly after windows 10 instal

by F0LLETT » July 16th, 2016, 12:08 pm

paulrep wrote:Thanks for the reply, Is there anywhere i can find what reg files to try? and more importantly how to do it? i'm new to all this.


I posted them above. Orientation Reg Files. However you first need to get it rotating, once rotating and in the wrong way, then you can use reg files to make it rotate correctly.

If rotation lock is missing from notification centre then your driver is not installed / working properly. you need to sort that first.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Auto rotate not working properly after windows 10 instal

by paulrep » August 3rd, 2016, 2:01 pm

tried the reg files, now the landscape is upside down as well as the portrait, so it's actually made it worse
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 4:45 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: tesco
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Auto rotate not working properly after windows 10 instal

by F0LLETT » August 4th, 2016, 12:25 pm

paulrep wrote:tried the reg files, now the landscape is upside down as well as the portrait, so it's actually made it worse


Did you try them all, one at a time and restarted on running each reg file?
You could try removing the reg entry completey, as some don't need it.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 951
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest