Remove Advertisement

Stuck on startup.nsh

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Stuck on startup.nsh

Postby allen175 » September 5th, 2015, 11:21 am

Hey guys,

Tried to update to windows 10 on my linx, I was installing through windows update.

I didn't make a recovery image before beginning.

Now it won't load and is stuck on "Press ESC in 1 sec to skip startup.nsh, any other key to continue."

I have searched an can't find anything on how to get out of this mess and back to 8.1.

Any help is much appreciated.
allen175

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Stuck on startup.nsh

Postby Griryu » September 7th, 2015, 11:54 am

It sounds like the update has removed your boot partition so you are likely stuck in the loop. I have personally done this on my own device once and managed to get everything back to normal again.

Try the link here to get the Linx 8 Image and install it from a USB stick. Although its for the Linx 8 it also works on the Linx 10 and seems to work fine on mine. http://linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=890

You will need to re-install your drivers afterwards. http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/page.php?p=w10premium&sid=9be9698436753ef3e1d7eb1b1d05ae78

There is a chance this won't work since it's for a Linx 8 but as a last resort it's definitely worth a go.
Griryu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: Stuck on startup.nsh

Postby allen175 » September 7th, 2015, 9:17 pm

Thanks for the advice.

I seen that post alright, but since it was for the linx 8 I didn't want to risk it, but it is the last resort so I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
allen175

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Return to Help (Linx 7)