Can I wipe SSD and reinstall fresh OS

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Can I wipe SSD and reinstall fresh OS

by eskimosound » August 18th, 2015, 2:12 pm

Is it possible to install straight off a USB stick or do I always have to be in the OS?
I know I can get it to boot into the Windows USB installation but I cannot navigate around the screen as the usb port I need for the keyboard is taken by the USB stick. Are there no button commands like in Android?
Reluctantly running Windows 10 Pro until I can find a way of Downgrading!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Gift
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Can I wipe SSD and reinstall fresh OS

by Amanygames » August 18th, 2015, 3:04 pm

eskimosound wrote:Is it possible to install straight off a USB stick or do I always have to be in the OS?
I know I can get it to boot into the Windows USB installation but I cannot navigate around the screen as the usb port I need for the keyboard is taken by the USB stick. Are there no button commands like in Android?

you need a usb hub to plug in your mouse and keyboard.(i used a recovery drive and the touch worked perfectly) i wiped my internal storage and used the recovery drive i made.
good luck ;D
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by eskimosound » August 18th, 2015, 3:12 pm

Amanygames wrote:
eskimosound wrote:Is it possible to install straight off a USB stick or do I always have to be in the OS?

you need a usb hub to plug in your mouse and keyboard.(i used a recovery drive and the touch worked perfectly) i wiped my internal storage and used the recovery drive i made.
good luck ;D

Does the USB hub have to be powered and I don't understand what do you mean "recovery drive and touch worked perfectly"?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by Amanygames » August 18th, 2015, 3:24 pm

eskimosound wrote:
Amanygames wrote:

good luck ;D

Does the USB hub have to be powered and I don't understand what do you mean "recovery drive and touch worked perfectly"?

Nop, i bought a usb hub from pound land, its kind of slow but does the job with no power. did you make a recovery drive?

EDIT: i just found out that you got a linx 7, i got linx 10 it might be different but i doubt
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eskimosound » August 18th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Nope I didn't make a recovery but I have Windows 10 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro. I'm sure they will be the same the only difference between the Linx is screen size isn't it?
Anyhoo, I haven't got a hub will try and do it by pulling USB's in and out! lolz.....
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by Amanygames » August 18th, 2015, 9:14 pm

eskimosound wrote:Nope I didn't make a recovery but I have Windows 10 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro. I'm sure they will be the same the only difference between the Linx is screen size isn't it?
Anyhoo, I haven't got a hub will try and do it by pulling USB's in and out! lolz.....

i dont think you cant do that xD you need an usb hub
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Phil G » August 18th, 2015, 11:42 pm

You should be able to access a one off boot from usb from the bios. But I'm un familiar with the l7

If you don't have a hub u can create a unattended xml that can be added to the windows us b to bypass the need to input anything
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: online

by nememo » August 19th, 2015, 5:58 am

If you're not using the recovery drive (as that includes all the touch drivers to no need a keyboard - the standard install ISOs don't) you have to go out and buy a hub. You can get one for a few quid off ebay (eg: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4In1-Micro-US ... 19fab162e7).
Linx 8 Owner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples