Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 7 Touch Problem - Please Help! : Help (Linx 7)

Linx 7 Touch Problem - Please Help!

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 7 Touch Problem - Please Help!

by MetalFace » March 13th, 2016, 2:37 pm

This is my first post on this site, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Apologies in advance for the long post, but my problems started as follows...

I purchased a used Linx 7 (my first tablet) and upon delivery, I found that the previous owner hadn't restored it to factory settings. The tablet had a password on (that the previous owner claimed to not know!) To save myself the hassle of returning it, I decided to restore it myself.

First of all, I had big issues performing the initial restore. Out of frustration, I eventually decided to install Windows 8 Pro via USB. Once installed, WIFI did not work, the cameras didn't work and screen orientation didn't work either. I installed the correct drivers, but still the tablet didn't even show the devices in the Device Manager. The touchscreen, however, was working perfectly fine at this stage.

After a lot of reading online, I found the Windows 8.1 iso image for the Linx 8 on this site, so used that to perform a clean install. Following this, the WiFi, cameras etc were working as they should. The only problem now was that the touchscreen wasn't functioning correctly!

If I touched the screen in one place, the visual display would show that the screen was sensing the touch somewhere else. For example, if I touched the bottom right, it would respond in a different place on the bottom left, hence making the touchscreen pretty much useless!

I eventually installed Windows 10 to see if it was the same, and it was! I've tried calibrating the touchscreen (which doesn't work when I can't touch the crosshairs as required). I've tried updating the touch drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling them also. Doing so made no difference. I can see the Goodix Touch panel in the Device Manager and everything seems to be how it should.

I have also tried going back to Windows 8 Pro, as this was the last OS that the touchscreen worked fine in. I thought I would connect to Wifi via USB dongle if the internal WiFi still wasn't working, and I'm not too bothered about the camera, so figured I could live with that as long as the touch worked. I then found out it didn't!!!!!

So.... As of now, my Linx has Windows 8.1 installed (Linx 8 iso from this site). Everything working as it should, except for the touchscreen still being really off calibration.

If ANYONE could offer any help or advice on this issue, I'd be eternally grateful!!! I'm about to give up and throw it in a cupboard to be forgotten about.

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 7 Touch Problem - Please Help!

by ybotmallah » March 13th, 2016, 6:26 pm

MetalFace wrote:This is my first post on this site, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Apologies in advance for the long post, but my problems started as follows...

I purchased a used Linx 7 (my first tablet) and upon delivery, I found that the previous owner hadn't restored it to factory settings. The tablet had a password on (that the previous owner claimed to not know!) To save myself the hassle of returning it, I decided to restore it myself.

First of all, I had big issues performing the initial restore. Out of frustration, I eventually decided to install Windows 8 Pro via USB. Once installed, WIFI did not work, the cameras didn't work and screen orientation didn't work either. I installed the correct drivers, but still the tablet didn't even show the devices in the Device Manager. The touchscreen, however, was working perfectly fine at this stage.

After a lot of reading online, I found the Windows 8.1 iso image for the Linx 8 on this site, so used that to perform a clean install. Following this, the WiFi, cameras etc were working as they should. The only problem now was that the touchscreen wasn't functioning correctly!

If I touched the screen in one place, the visual display would show that the screen was sensing the touch somewhere else. For example, if I touched the bottom right, it would respond in a different place on the bottom left, hence making the touchscreen pretty much useless!

I eventually installed Windows 10 to see if it was the same, and it was! I've tried calibrating the touchscreen (which doesn't work when I can't touch the crosshairs as required). I've tried updating the touch drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling them also. Doing so made no difference. I can see the Goodix Touch panel in the Device Manager and everything seems to be how it should.

I have also tried going back to Windows 8 Pro, as this was the last OS that the touchscreen worked fine in. I thought I would connect to Wifi via USB dongle if the internal WiFi still wasn't working, and I'm not too bothered about the camera, so figured I could live with that as long as the touch worked. I then found out it didn't!!!!!

So.... As of now, my Linx has Windows 8.1 installed (Linx 8 iso from this site). Everything working as it should, except for the touchscreen still being really off calibration.

If ANYONE could offer any help or advice on this issue, I'd be eternally grateful!!! I'm about to give up and throw it in a cupboard to be forgotten about.

Hi MetalFace,

I am having the same problem and am at the same point of throwing it in a draw, then forgetting about it!

Ybotmallah :)
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by F0LLETT » March 15th, 2016, 1:25 pm

You need someone to post the touchsettings.gt file, if the 7 has one.
Come one people surely someone with a Linx7 can check.

C:\Windows\INF\touchsetting.gt
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by MetalFace » March 15th, 2016, 1:42 pm

F0LLETT wrote:You need someone to post the touchsettings.gt file, if the 7 has one.
Come one people surely someone with a Linx7 can check.

C:\Windows\INF\touchsetting.gt

If anyone can help me by sharing this file so I can try it, that would be fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

by F0LLETT » March 15th, 2016, 7:58 pm

All that's needed is for someone to check and if present copy it to their desktop. Then upload somewhere.

The clones I have here don't use touchsetting file, [emoji20] .
Resolute and Industrious

by blueShadow » April 15th, 2016, 4:43 pm

hi every one, I had the same promlem and just right now solve it after a week workig! I mean the touch screen was working as your way. I had installed HP 7 stream's touch screen driver. So I think you has installed the wrong driver. You can download the right one from this link: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register or this one http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=668
Copy 'GoodixTouchDriver_1.2.1.0_20140829_COB' folder into 'C:\Windows ' then run install.bat as administrator.

Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

by MetalFace » April 28th, 2016, 11:44 am

blueShadow wrote:hi every one, I had the same promlem and just right now solve it after a week workig! I mean the touch screen was working as your way. I had installed HP 7 stream's touch screen driver. So I think you has installed the wrong driver. You can download the right one from this link: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register or this one http://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=668
Copy 'GoodixTouchDriver_1.2.1.0_20140829_COB' folder into 'C:\Windows ' then run install.bat as administrator.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I had given up on this problem a few weeks ago and haven't touched my Linx 7 since. I came here today to check for any replies to my post and saw this response. I didn't realise that the touchsetting.gt file I was looking for was included in the zip files with the other drivers. I simply copied this file to the C:/Windows/inf folder and restarted the tablet. Touch screen is now working perfectly!!!

by blueShadow » May 12th, 2016, 5:31 pm

I forgot to write that the touchsetting.gt must be copied to C:/Windows/inf folder. So I came back here to correct it but I'm seeing you solved it. By the way I'm happy for you.

Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro

by F0LLETT » May 14th, 2016, 11:42 am

blueShadow wrote:I forgot to write that the touchsetting.gt must be copied to C:/Windows/inf folder. So I came back here to correct it but I'm seeing you solved it. By the way I'm happy for you.

Yeh, apparently I solved this the hard way. As alot of drivers have the gt file included, the ones I had didn't, :(.
Resolute and Industrious

by cfrsh91 » October 28th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread.

For some reason, the touch screen on my Linx Vision has randomly gone completely out of sync!
It's at the point now where I can't even input my pin to login to Windows, let alone the password.
I've downloaded the Vision drivers however can't workout how to get these onto the correct folder on the tablet, just onto the SD card.

Any help you guys can offer? As currently my tablet is unusable.

Thanks

UPDATE:
I've managed to get into Windows using a semi-working Bluetooth mouse. I've downloaded the files, copied to C:/Windows, ran the install.bat file as administrator, copied TouchSetting.gt to C:/Windows/INF, and even tried re-calibrating using Windows built-in calibration too.. But nothing. The screen is completely out of sync, and I'm completely bamboozled!