anyone did it?

That little green robot gets everywhere!

Re: anyone did it?

by Deleted User 1605 » July 23rd, 2015, 3:29 pm

Hello All,

This version of Android has Baytrail-T (the tablet processor within the SOC) support. It runs as smoothly as I would expect (i.e. no emulation).

Crazygoldfish: Do you mean boot another OS from the tablet? If so, then a qualified "yes". It is actually possible to run any MS operating system on the tablets. There is no point in actually doing so (driver and stability issues). I've done it as an academic exercise when I was suffering a period of insomnia.
You cannot use the standard installers.. many low level "adjustments" are required.

If you mean dual boot Android then "Yes".. I'm still playing with this. This version of Android has a 32bit Grub2 bootloader. Grub2 can be made to work with the windows bootloader. I intend to see if I can utilise the SD card slot for Android in any way...

I'll post details here of any progress..

Bodge99
Last edited by Deleted User 1605 on July 24th, 2015, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 1605

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by Linxx » July 23rd, 2015, 5:25 pm

bodge99 wrote:Hello All,

This version of Android has Baytrail-T (the tablet processor within the SOC) support. It runs as smoothly as I would expect (i.e. no emulation).

Crazygoldfish: Do you mean boot another OS from the tablet? If so, then a qualified "yes". It is actually possible to run any MS operating system on the tablets. There is no point in actually doing so (driver and stability issues). I've done it as an academic exercise when I was suffering a period of insomnia.
You cannot use the standard installers.. much low level "adjustments" are required.

If you mean dual boot Android then "Yes".. I'm still playing with this. This version of Android has a 32bit Grub2 bootloader. Grub2 can be made to work with the windows bootloader. I intend to see if I can utilise the SD card slot for Android in any way...

Bodge99

thanks! im looking foward to dual boot this!
Linxx

by crazygoldfish » July 23rd, 2015, 7:39 pm

You cannot use the standard installers.. much low level "adjustments" are required.

Bodge99

Yes I mean boot another Microsoft is from an external hdd.

Also looking forward to being able to dual boot android and windows.

Means I can put ps4 remote play apk on there
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by Deleted User 1605 » July 24th, 2015, 4:02 pm

Hello All,

I've not tried booting anything MS off of an external drive but it should certainly be possible. Grub2 calls...

My development work on Linux (working on improving driver support) is with 64 bit Linux on a 500GB external drive.
I've nearly got everything (hardware) working.

When it's finished I'll post details if anyone is interested.

Bodge99
Deleted User 1605

by Dann » July 24th, 2015, 5:34 pm

I've not tried booting anything MS off of an external drive but it should certainly be possible. Grub2 calls...

My development work on Linux (working on improving driver support) is with 64 bit Linux on a 500GB external drive.
I've nearly got everything (hardware) working.

When it's finished I'll post details if anyone is interested.

Bodge99

You amaze me!

You're a brilliant little resource!
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by Griffiths121 » August 15th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Hi guys,
I'm new here but I thought I would put my 2 cents in. I've had the Linx 10 for a couple of months now and I hated it with Windows, so I worked on installing Android as a Base OS and remove windows all together. At the moment I'm running Android 4.4. The touch screen and WiFi works, but I have other problems, the power/lock button doesn't work (temp fix with a volume to power app), no sound at all and the rotation is messed up (fixed with 3rd party rotation lock). I'm not sure if I would be able to help anyone as I just installed it following a normal tutorial and a few attempts and changing formats of the SSD got it right. But I'm happy to answer any questions.

Griffiths121

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainaburys

by meagain » November 29th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Yep. I did. Check my post.
I'll try and get a Linx 8 at some point to try it on that with the iwork 8 image
- Tom

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinxTablet/
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Previous