Remove Advertisement

Linx 8 - Android Dual Boot!

That little green robot gets everywhere!

Re: Linx 8 - Android Dual Boot!

Postby NINJA1200 » May 21st, 2015, 11:19 pm

I don't really understand why people would want android on their Linx. The beauty of if is having full Windows and not just a mobile operating system such as Android.
If you want a cheap Android tablet to play a few silly games, then I would suggest having a look at Gumtree and you will find hundreds of cheap tablets, or just use your normal Android phone for any day to day stuff.

Cheers.
NINJA1200

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Tesco
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad

Postby skedone » May 23rd, 2015, 7:34 am

because you can lol i can run xp on my lg g watch is there any point, is there any need ....no....but i can so i should lol
skedone

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: EBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby CaptainCrunk » April 25th, 2016, 8:27 pm

If someone bought the VERO A82i tablet, dumped the BIOS with a CH341A programmer and then created a partition backup with Macrium Reflect then you'd get Android 5.1 on the Linx 8.

The A82i has the same motherboard as the Linx 8, but they reduced the eMMC to 16GB and removed the capacitive Windows button.

VERO also sell the W82i, which is their Windows version that's identical to the Linx 8. VERO offer a newer BIOS and official drivers, which can all be applied to the Linx 8.

Caution: Flashing the BIOS can remove your Windows 8.1 key.

Links:
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
CaptainCrunk

Retailer: Amazon

Postby IzaacJ » May 29th, 2016, 9:32 pm

mrbeeks wrote:Amiduos is awesome worth tryig the 30 day trial, its runs everything ive thrown at it, plus you can place android shortcuts on Win 8 menu so they boot straight into amiduos

I purchased the $10 DuOS the other day and it works amazing on my 1010. No hiccups, no lag playing Fallout shelter.
Until its possible to have a fully working Android running and dualboot, DuOS is a great replacement. Now I can play Xbox, Steam and android games, and I can work on my tablet, so I'm happy as a pup ;)
XDA-Developers Recognized Developer
Web Developer by day, Windows UWP Developer by night.
Father of 2 amazing sons !
IzaacJ

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: MediaMarkt

Postby djdeano1990 » September 11th, 2016, 9:05 am

On my linx 8 I have managed to flash bios with a telcast x80 bios it works to the point of going in to bios settings but can't do anything else it is also American megatrends bios not inside bios I don't no how to code bios but if someone did I think they could make this thing dual boot also it thinks it has 2g of ram random I no but just having a play about and thought I would share my findings
djdeano1990
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: ebay

Postby ZAWAZAWA » December 11th, 2016, 6:40 pm

CaptainCrunk wrote:If someone bought the VERO A82i tablet, dumped the BIOS with a CH341A programmer and then created a partition backup with Macrium Reflect then you'd get Android 5.1 on the Linx 8.

The A82i has the same motherboard as the Linx 8, but they reduced the eMMC to 16GB and removed the capacitive Windows button.

VERO also sell the W82i, which is their Windows version that's identical to the Linx 8. VERO offer a newer BIOS and official drivers, which can all be applied to the Linx 8.

Caution: Flashing the BIOS can remove your Windows 8.1 key.

Links:

where i can download the android rom for vero?
ZAWAZAWA

Retailer: EBAY

Previous

Return to Android