Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 7 Android Auto-installer : Android - 2

Linx 7 Android Auto-installer

That little green robot gets everywhere!

Re: Linx 7 Android Auto-installer

by meagain » June 11th, 2016, 6:00 pm

prash wrote:Wow this is great. Image

Would the auto-installer work for Linx 8?

I doubt so as we don't have a dual-boot ROM for it yet. However, the tool has been designed to be adaptable so if you can find a suitable dual-boot ROM for the same tablet (Cube iWork8 might work but you'd have to verify it's the same device) PM it to me and I'll include it as an option in the installer. The installer code is universal, just the ROMs are device specific.

One more preview showing working downloads:
Android won't upload as my connection dies when large uploads are started so I'll have to do this overnight over 3G
- Tom

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinxTablet/
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by misterb » June 12th, 2016, 2:22 am

Looks like a superb tool :) I guess it will work on the Connect 7 too (that's my experimentation tablet!)?

And this will use a version of Android that still has the bugs (no audio etc)?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

by meagain » June 12th, 2016, 8:18 am

Nope, this is the official dual-boot version from the iWork 7 so should work on the connect 7. It's just an automated walkthrough that preps the USBs for you for new / inexperienced users, and also because my guide is terrible...

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by MichaelMaged » June 12th, 2016, 2:09 pm

meagain wrote:
MichaelMaged wrote:why we can't install android standalone with no other os (the ''neither'' option ) ? & thanks for your work :D

I think you've misunderstood. Neither means nor Windows or Android. The "Skip Android" button means no Android. If we had Skip Android ticked and the Neither option selected there would be no OS installed full stop :D
so if i want to install android only, i should select linux, did i get it right this time? :D

Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by misterb » June 13th, 2016, 2:52 am

meagain wrote:Nope, this is the official dual-boot version from the iWork 7 so should work on the connect 7. It's just an automated walkthrough that preps the USBs for you for new / inexperienced users, and also because my guide is terrible...

So the original iWork7 KitKat ROM works on the Linx 7 without any bugs? Sound etc works? I didn't realise there were any fully working Android images for the Linx!

Also, looking through the other thread, it's still unclear whether you end up with an activated version of Windows, and if not, what that entails. I would have thought it would just be a matter of getting the product key on the original Windows, and then entering it into the dualboot version, but that doesn't seem to be the case? If unactivated, is functionality permanently restricted or does the OS just 'stop' after a certain amount of time?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by meagain » June 13th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Yup, the iWork image works fine. You can follow the manual install instructions for now.

Windows is unactivated in either case. I don't bother with activation and either *ahoy there* or just leave it in trial mode which is fully functional but some options are disabled such as personalisation and there's a watermark on the desktop. I'd suggest backing up your key and anything else you can before you attempt this.

There are Win7 Pro keys that will activate Win10 Pro fine on the Linx on eBay for around £8. Technically you are still violating the terms of MS's licencing by using cheap keys which are pled off dead machines but it does give working activation

- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by misterb » June 13th, 2016, 7:53 pm

meagain wrote:Yup, the iWork image works fine. You can follow the manual install instructions for now.

Windows is unactivated in either case. I don't bother with activation and either *ahoy there* or just leave it in trial mode which is fully functional but some options are disabled such as personalisation and there's a watermark on the desktop. I'd suggest backing up your key and anything else you can before you attempt this.

There are Win7 Pro keys that will activate Win10 Pro fine on the Linx on eBay for around £8. Technically you are still violating the terms of MS's licencing by using cheap keys which are pled off dead machines but it does give working activation

Sorry for being dim here, but what do you mean by "in either case"? As clearly Windows is activated with the stock factory image and even upgraded to Win 10? I'm guessing the code won't activate the iWork one as it's the wrong version? Would it not be possible just to install the Windows version that matches the key from an ISO of that version instead of the iWork version?

Also, I didn't think the *ahoy there* option was possible with Win 10. Is there any chance you could PM me a reliable educational site to learn more about this interesting development?

I think I might wait for your tool though - I feel I've misunderstood enough despite having dipped into the thread since it started that I probably do need my hand held :)
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by meagain » June 14th, 2016, 5:59 pm

misterb wrote:
meagain wrote:Yup, the iWork image works fine. You can follow the manual install instructions for now.

Sorry for being dim here, but what do you mean by "in either case"? As clearly Windows is activated with the stock factory image and even upgraded to Win 10? I'm guessing the code won't activate the iWork one as it's the wrong version? Would it not be possible just to install the Windows version that matches the key from an ISO of that version instead of the iWork version?

Also, I didn't think the *ahoy there* option was possible with Win 10. Is there any chance you could PM me a reliable educational site to learn more about this interesting development?

I think I might wait for your tool though - I feel I've misunderstood enough despite having dipped into the thread since it started that I probably do need my hand held :)
- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by SeekTheGeek » June 14th, 2016, 7:48 pm

This is just what I need, will you include a link to download RWeverything to back up activation? I look forward to it's release.

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Tesco
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by meagain » June 14th, 2016, 8:11 pm

meagain wrote:
misterb wrote:

Dunno what's up with the formatting, I definitely did reply and not just quote.

However, I think rweverything which I will not include but will a link should be able to reveal your current key which you can then dump into Win10 after dual boot has been installed.

I'll clarify this later. Tool going OK, just gotta sort formatting and polish it a bit then I'll release.

- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

PreviousNext