Remove Advertisement

Linx 7 Android Auto-installer

That little green robot gets everywhere!

Re: Linx 7 Android Auto-installer

Postby Farquea » June 15th, 2016, 5:49 am

This looks great! I followed the original guide and currently typing this on my Linx 7. I love it, the only complaint I have is that the battery life is pretty poor but I think this is more a limitation if the hardware as even in airplane mode it drains more than I'd expect/hope for.
Farquea

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Linx
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Postby meagain » June 15th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Farquea wrote:This looks great! I followed the original guide and currently typing this on my Linx 7. I love it, the only complaint I have is that the battery life is pretty poor but I think this is more a limitation if the hardware as even in airplane mode it drains more than I'd expect/hope for.

Nice. Yeah, the battery life on these tablets is pretty awful but for £35 you can't really complain.

I'll finish the tool when I have some spare time. I've got other commitments (that need to be completed to keep my main VPS up) so obviously they take priority but this tool should be completed next week.

I'd advise anyone now to buy a pre-dual-booted Atom x5 tablet instead of the Linx 7 for reliable dual boot. They don't cost much more and you don't have to rely on this solution - however much we improve it and create a glossy tool for it it's still technically an unsupported hack
- meagain
Watch this space
meagain
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby misterb » June 15th, 2016, 5:01 pm

meagain wrote:however much we improve it and create a glossy tool for it it's still technically an unsupported hack

Surely they are the best kind? :)

Seriously, one of the main reasons behind any of my tech purchasing decisions is the strength of the community who are willing and able to hack, bend and twist a device's capabilities out of all recognition :)
misterb
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Postby Farquea » June 16th, 2016, 1:29 am

meagain wrote:
Farquea wrote:This looks great! I followed the original guide and currently typing this on my Linx 7. I love it, the only complaint I have is that the battery life is pretty poor but I think this is more a limitation if the hardware as even in airplane mode it drains more than I'd expect/hope for.

Nice. Yeah, the battery life on these tablets is pretty awful but for £35 you can't really complain.

I'll finish the tool when I have some spare time. I've got other commitments (that need to be completed to keep my main VPS up) so obviously they take priority but this tool should be completed next week.

I'd advise anyone now to buy a pre-dual-booted Atom x5 tablet instead of the Linx 7 for reliable dual boot. They don't cost much more and you don't have to rely on this solution - however much we improve it and create a glossy tool for it it's still technically an unsupported hack

Anyone know if and how much better the battery life is on the Linx 8 compared to the 7, enough to warrant upgrading?
Farquea

Retailer: Linx

Postby ljpp55 » July 13th, 2016, 4:33 pm

meagain wrote:Content removed

This site started so well but with the advertising problems left unanswered I withdraw my tool until my concerns are dealt with. I wrote it, it's my work, and I don't want users to have to sign up to read it. I'm fine with Dann to make money off my tool, but not if he has just simply left.

Indeed the state of this site is disgusting. The funny thing is that this forum is unusable with my Linx 7 tablet, due to the intrusive/bad advertising. We could and we should move to a more user-friendly environment.

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register (cd-rw.org) has a much more user friendly platform, and only a minimal number of ads. There seems to be some active Linx discussion. See you there guys and especially meagain.
ljpp55

Retailer: Expert.fi

Postby meagain » July 13th, 2016, 4:38 pm

I'm in talks with Dann to get this site going again but he seems unresponsive. I'm currently busy but I'll try get stuff sorted next week.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
- meagain
Watch this space
meagain
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby misterb » August 1st, 2016, 11:51 pm

Any progress on this tool? I'd love to give it a try so I can get a rooted Android dual-booting. All the instructions posted around (here and on Reddit) in various threads always seem just that tiny bit confusing on different crucial points which sadly never get clarified, so the auto-installer is my last best hope :)
misterb
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Previous

Return to Android