Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - GUIDE: Android + Windows dual boot w/touch boot menu : Android

GUIDE: Android + Windows dual boot w/touch boot menu

That little green robot gets everywhere!

GUIDE: Android + Windows dual boot w/touch boot menu

by meagain » November 29th, 2015, 3:52 pm

Content removed

This site started so well but with the advertising problems left unanswered I withdraw my tutorial until my concerns are dealt with. I wrote it, it's my work, and I don't want users to have to sign up to read it. I'm fine with Dann to make money off my tutorial, but not if he has just simply left.

This site has gone from a community to a business. I will hold all future developments and posts until I receive a response.

I've had multiple PMs and emails about the state of this site which back me up, with some users even explaining they are about to leave because of it. You are losing your userbase due to your aggressive ad policies and this needs to stop. See my post (which has not received a response) for more information.

Since my PM storage is still full if you desperately need support I'll be happy to offer it free via meagain@meagain.ml or via the temporary subreddit I have created, You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register, new url, which is also open for meta and offtopic discussion.

Dann and all other moderators - please contact me if you are active and we can sort this out.

A regretful and hopefully temporary goodbye,
- meagain
Last edited by meagain on June 17th, 2016, 10:08 pm, edited 23 times in total.
- Tom

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinxTablet/
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: LaptopOutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: I've done it: Android + Windows dual boot w/touch boot m

by meagain » November 29th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Other devices:
There is a chance you can use the same method but with the iwork 8 file to have the same effect on your Linx 8.
Linx 10 users have working Androidx86, no reason to flash bios for them.
If you have a 1GB/32GB windows tablet with a z3735g cpu, 1280x800 display, 7 inch display, post a reply and I'll help you work out if this "hack" is compatible.
- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Proof

by meagain » November 29th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Took a pic while it was rooting. Root didn't work. But still. Android is running.
Thinks it's a Cube iWork 7 now
Installed Google Now Launcher, Google Keyboard and removed the bloatware. Looks nice.
Last edited by meagain on November 29th, 2015, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by Amanygames » November 29th, 2015, 8:28 pm

hm interesting! i want to try this but i dont want my windows activation to do D;
EDIT: i dont need to! i have linx 10
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by meagain » November 29th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Amanygames wrote:hm interesting! i want to try this but i dont want my windows activation to do D;

Yep, Android x86 should work for you. Take the Asus T100 magic stick or the 5.1 rc1 image, write to USB stick with Win32DiskImager and plug into your Linx with a USB hub + otg cable. Also plug in a keyboard. Hit F2 at boot. Choose the stick using the arrow keys. Should work.

The reason I don't recommend droidx86 for the Linx 7 (possibly 8 as well) is because audio doesn't work and touchscreen is buggy. But the Linx10 should work fine with Androidx86 (not this image).
btw, thanks for the reply!
- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by Dann » November 29th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Since this is WIP, we're going to add the necessary files to the site as the links are from slow Chinese servers.
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK

by meagain » November 30th, 2015, 7:15 am

Dann wrote:Since this is WIP, we're going to add the necessary files to the site as the links are from slow Chinese servers.

I'm going to tidy up the instructions later today. Anyone have thoughts on the second method? That would preserve activation and data, and also avoid the need to host windows and navigate Chinese windows 8.1?
(The BIOS flash is the most risky part here. If you go wrong installing windows just try it again. Sadly I can't try the second method as I did not backup beforehand)
Sent from Android on my Linx 7!

EDIT: Will film tutorial tonight.
- Tom

Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

by PiersH » November 30th, 2015, 12:40 pm

androidworks wrote:
Dann wrote:Since this is WIP, we're going to add the necessary files to the site as the links are from slow Chinese servers.

I'm going to tidy up the instructions later today. Anyone have thoughts on the second method? That would preserve activation and data, and also avoid the need to host windows and navigate Chinese windows 8.1?
(The BIOS flash is the most risky part here. If you go wrong installing windows just try it again. Sadly I can't try the second method as I did not backup beforehand)
Sent from Android on my Linx 7!

EDIT: Will film tutorial tonight.

I would offer some help, but my browser is saying 10 days to download....

Edit: Without seeing the files, I can only think of the following:

1) Which Windows version is it? If Pro then I'm not sure, if 10 Home (and not Enterprise or using an illegal method of activation) then:
NOTE: See latter part of a) and do this first.
a) System -> Change Product Key -> Enter existing key, this can be extracted using: You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
b) Again, depending on Windows version, 7 and 8 keys are valid for Windows 10 1511 - use the extracted key.
c) Install the UK language pack, this can be done via You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

I hope that helps somewhat.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: eBuyer

by Wbutchart » November 30th, 2015, 1:29 pm

androidworks wrote:
Amanygames wrote:hm interesting! i want to try this but i dont want my windows activation to do D;

Yep, Android x86 should work for you. Take the Asus T100 magic stick or the 5.1 rc1 image, write to USB stick with Win32DiskImager and plug into your Linx with a USB hub + otg cable. Also plug in a keyboard. Hit F2 at boot. Choose the stick using the arrow keys. Should work.

The reason I don't recommend droidx86 for the Linx 7 (possibly 8 as well) is because audio doesn't work and touchscreen is buggy. But the Linx10 should work fine with Androidx86 (not this image).

could you write an idiots guide to installing android on the linx 10? I'd be curious to try this if it meant I could dual boot.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: PC World

by Amanygames » November 30th, 2015, 4:07 pm

androidworks wrote:

is it possible to keep my windows 10 and dualboot?
EDIT : by the way, 5.1 rc1, sound dont work.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: amazon

Next