Remove Advertisement


i got android to work, and smooth!!

That little green robot gets everywhere!

i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Amanygames » August 8th, 2015, 4:51 pm

so, android x86 released an r3 version, so i decided to try it. (link You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register )
this is the smoothest one ive ever tried! also the touch screen works.)
problems i see so far are
1. the screen rotation is inverted (upside down) so i turned on rotation lock.
2. the speaker does not work
3. Mic does not work (a guess)
4. The camera led is always on.
apart from that, it is smooth!!!
;)
if anyone knows how to dualboot this, please give me a hand. i manage to mess my tablet up by installing this and now im reseting it.
(LINX 10)
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: July 31st, 2015, 7:00 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad



Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Griryu » August 11th, 2015, 12:19 pm

Hi,

Yeah i managed to do the same and have been tinkering with it since the weekend. I have managed to get Android installed to a USB drive as a full install (not running the live USB!). It saves the changes which is all i have needed it to do really so i can test it properly. As far as i can tell we have the same issues such as the screen rotation, camera led and sound not working.

I am currently running Windows 10 and boot into android directly from it using the recovery menu. I don't want to try a full dualboot as i dont want to mess with the BIOS. I can confirm that android runs silky smooth on this tablet too, the antutu benchmark gave it a score of over 33,000! which is nearly double my existing Acer Iconia Tablet. I have also tried the 3D mark on the the playstore and it maxed out one of the tests and never went below 20 fps. The epic citadel held a steady 50+ fps too!

The only other issues i have noticed are:

1. if the tablet goes to sleep mode or the screen turns off due to timeout it locks up the tablet for a while. (I think this is a known issue with android x86)
2. trying to update superuser also locks up the tablet, i am not sure if this issue is with the kernel.

I hope this get more support as it is a brilliant tablet!
Griryu
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: August 11th, 2015, 12:07 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Dann » August 11th, 2015, 12:37 pm

Amazing work guys!
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1043
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: York, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Amanygames » August 11th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Griryu wrote:Hi,

Yeah i managed to do the same and have been tinkering with it since the weekend. I have managed to get Android installed to a USB drive as a full install (not running the live USB!). It saves the changes which is all i have needed it to do really so i can test it properly. As far as i can tell we have the same issues such as the screen rotation, camera led and sound not working.

I am currently running Windows 10 and boot into android directly from it using the recovery menu. I don't want to try a full dualboot as i dont want to mess with the BIOS. I can confirm that android runs silky smooth on this tablet too, the antutu benchmark gave it a score of over 33,000! which is nearly double my existing Acer Iconia Tablet. I have also tried the 3D mark on the the playstore and it maxed out one of the tests and never went below 20 fps. The epic citadel held a steady 50+ fps too!

The only other issues i have noticed are:

1. if the tablet goes to sleep mode or the screen turns off due to timeout it locks up the tablet for a while. (I think this is a known issue with android x86)
2. trying to update superuser also locks up the tablet, i am not sure if this issue is with the kernel.

I hope this get more support as it is a brilliant tablet!

hey
that is cool! i tried dualbooting and messed my tablet up xD thank god i made a recovery usb.
im going to try your way now of installing it on usb. can you give me a guide of how to do this? i dont want to screw it again xD
thanks ;D
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: July 31st, 2015, 7:00 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Griryu » August 13th, 2015, 12:24 pm

Yeah no worries, I will try and get some instructions together tonight. I have managed to use the same steps to install to a MicroSD card but it is not detected by the Windows Recovery menu so I still have to use a USB adapter at the moment. :? What guide or instructions did you use to create a recovery USB?

Just to give you another update am currently looking at possibly making a new Kernel file or editing the one included with Android x86 to see if I can get the sound or the rotation working correctly. I have also found that there are links online to Android X86 running Android 5.0+ so I might give one of them a try tonight.
Griryu
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: August 11th, 2015, 12:07 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Dann » August 13th, 2015, 12:34 pm

If you guys get this working properly and nicely, I'm sure i could sort a treat for you both :)
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
 
Posts: 1043
Joined: December 20th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Location: York, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Amanygames » August 13th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Griryu wrote:Yeah no worries, I will try and get some instructions together tonight. I have managed to use the same steps to install to a MicroSD card but it is not detected by the Windows Recovery menu so I still have to use a USB adapter at the moment. :? What guide or instructions did you use to create a recovery USB?

Just to give you another update am currently looking at possibly making a new Kernel file or editing the one included with Android x86 to see if I can get the sound or the rotation working correctly. I have also found that there are links online to Android X86 running Android 5.0+ so I might give one of them a try tonight.


okay cool
just search for create recovery driver in the search box. make sure the check box is checked where it says "Back up system files to the recovery drive"
i didnt follow any guide, i just did it xD

thanks!
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: July 31st, 2015, 7:00 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Amanygames » August 13th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Dann wrote:If you guys get this working properly and nicely, I'm sure i could sort a treat for you both :)


yay, exciting!
thanks! :P
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: July 31st, 2015, 7:00 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Griryu » August 13th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Thanks for sharing the backup information, very useful since i haven't made a backup of my own yet :shock:
I am currently putting some instructions together so i should be able to finish it off tomorrow. It's very late so i will finish this after work :)
Griryu
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: August 11th, 2015, 12:07 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: i got android to work, and smooth!!

Postby Amanygames » August 14th, 2015, 11:52 am

Griryu wrote:Thanks for sharing the backup information, very useful since i haven't made a backup of my own yet :shock:
I am currently putting some instructions together so i should be able to finish it off tomorrow. It's very late so i will finish this after work :)


No problem , thanks :D
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: July 31st, 2015, 7:00 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Next

Return to Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest