Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - How to install android 7.1.2 on the Linx 10 /w Audio! : Android - 2

How to install android 7.1.2 on the Linx 10 /w Audio!

That little green robot gets everywhere!

Re: How to install android 7.1.2 on the Linx 10 /w Audio!

by Gulliver » October 25th, 2017, 8:47 am

Okay so 810 report.

Same issues, basically. Screen rotation is off. Bluetooth works. Sound works with the state file fix. Wifi is fine.

BUT I can only get into it by **** around with the BIOS/setup screen and manually loading the grub efi.

Is there a command in the EFI shell to default to loading an EFI?

Thanks

UPDATE: Ran a GParted liveUSB and set the fat32 drive to boot. Grub loaded immediately. I now have a functioning Android tablet! (With a wonky screen)

UPDATE 2: Any way to edit grub so that it automatically loads into Android without a five second delay? Also, the sleep function is... finnicky. It keeps waking itself up. Easy to just shut it down, but eh.

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by XBV99 » November 25th, 2017, 5:52 am

Many thanks!

As others have mentioned, this works much better than Windows and even (dare I say it) the Ubuntu install I had before. Re. the latter, there were just too many small things that didn't quite work under Linux.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: None

by Alfie1965 » December 10th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Hi any Android install for 12v64 model (hate windows)

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: EBay

by TheLinx » January 18th, 2018, 12:19 am

Gulliver wrote:Okay so 810 report.

Same issues, basically. Screen rotation is off. Bluetooth works. Sound works with the state file fix. Wifi is fine.

BUT I can only get into it by **** around with the BIOS/setup screen and manually loading the grub efi.

Is there a command in the EFI shell to default to loading an EFI?

Thanks

UPDATE: Ran a GParted liveUSB and set the fat32 drive to boot. Grub loaded immediately. I now have a functioning Android tablet! (With a wonky screen)

UPDATE 2: Any way to edit grub so that it automatically loads into Android without a five second delay? Also, the sleep function is... finnicky. It keeps waking itself up. Easy to just shut it down, but eh.

Any progress with the grub bit on boot?

Mine doesn't wake itself up, or reboot anymore and I've fixed the screen orientation now without needing any apps. Other than the mic and cams its been running perfectly.

I need to test it for a bit longer and then reformat and start again just to clarify the steps I took, but everything is running sweet. Even the whole standby thing.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Unknown

Previous