Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - How to install android 7.1.2 on the Linx 10 /w Audio! : Android - 2

How to install android 7.1.2 on the Linx 10 /w Audio!

That little green robot gets everywhere!

Re: How to install android 7.1.2 on the Linx 10 /w Audio!

by XBV99 » November 25th, 2017, 5:52 am

Many thanks!

As others have mentioned, this works much better than Windows and even (dare I say it) the Ubuntu install I had before. Re. the latter, there were just too many small things that didn't quite work under Linux.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: None

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by Alfie1965 » December 10th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Hi any Android install for 12v64 model (hate windows)

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: EBay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by TheLinx » January 18th, 2018, 12:19 am

Gulliver wrote:Okay so 810 report.

Same issues, basically. Screen rotation is off. Bluetooth works. Sound works with the state file fix. Wifi is fine.

BUT I can only get into it by **** around with the BIOS/setup screen and manually loading the grub efi.

Is there a command in the EFI shell to default to loading an EFI?

Thanks

UPDATE: Ran a GParted liveUSB and set the fat32 drive to boot. Grub loaded immediately. I now have a functioning Android tablet! (With a wonky screen)

UPDATE 2: Any way to edit grub so that it automatically loads into Android without a five second delay? Also, the sleep function is... finnicky. It keeps waking itself up. Easy to just shut it down, but eh.

Any progress with the grub bit on boot?

Mine doesn't wake itself up, or reboot anymore and I've fixed the screen orientation now without needing any apps. Other than the mic and cams its been running perfectly.

I need to test it for a bit longer and then reformat and start again just to clarify the steps I took, but everything is running sweet. Even the whole standby thing.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Unknown

by Gulliver » January 23rd, 2018, 10:25 am

TheLinx wrote:
Gulliver wrote:Okay so 810 report.

Same issues, basically. Screen rotation is off. Bluetooth works. Sound works with the state file fix. Wifi is fine.

BUT I can only get into it by **** around with the BIOS/setup screen and manually loading the grub efi.

Is there a command in the EFI shell to default to loading an EFI?

Thanks

UPDATE: Ran a GParted liveUSB and set the fat32 drive to boot. Grub loaded immediately. I now have a functioning Android tablet! (With a wonky screen)

UPDATE 2: Any way to edit grub so that it automatically loads into Android without a five second delay? Also, the sleep function is... finnicky. It keeps waking itself up. Easy to just shut it down, but eh.

Any progress with the grub bit on boot?

Mine doesn't wake itself up, or reboot anymore and I've fixed the screen orientation now without needing any apps. Other than the mic and cams its been running perfectly.

I need to test it for a bit longer and then reformat and start again just to clarify the steps I took, but everything is running sweet. Even the whole standby thing.
I didn't bother changing the Grub boot delay because I don't use it frequently enough to have to worry about it.

There is a minor annoyance that the wifi doesn't connect automatically; I have to tell it to connect, even if it finds the correct network.

Sleep and wake don't work (but again, I don't really mind so haven't bothered trying to find a fix). I don't use it frequently enough to really be bothered by it.

When you've got your steps down, please share them! Cheers

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Amazon

by mikeyfln » January 27th, 2018, 8:21 am

Got this partyly working last night, have to turn auto rotate off as its constantly upside down otherwise. Can't get Netflix or Amazon prime working, both immediately shut down. Anyone had luck with those?

Mikey

Retailer: sainsburys

by onejk » February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Hi, I’ve just installed on a 810. Everything seems as per other reports apart from I cannot get the screen to rotate.

Also I only seem to have 2gb of space even though my partitions were 5gb and 26gb. Any ideas what I messed up on install?

Retailer: Very

by onejk » February 16th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Any help on this?

Retailer: Very

by maw123 » February 19th, 2018, 7:13 am

onejk wrote:Hi, I’ve just installed on a 810. Everything seems as per other reports apart from I cannot get the screen to rotate.

Also I only seem to have 2gb of space even though my partitions were 5gb and 26gb. Any ideas what I messed up on install?

I had the same issue, for me was because initially I formated the partition as fat32 per OP. Found per a later post if I created 2 partitions, 1 small windows basic (fat32 or vfat I think), and large Linux partition ext4 that solved the problem

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Staples

by Gulliver » February 19th, 2018, 1:13 pm

mikeyfln wrote:Got this partyly working last night, have to turn auto rotate off as its constantly upside down otherwise. Can't get Netflix or Amazon prime working, both immediately shut down. Anyone had luck with those?

Mikey
Could you get them to work before moving over to Android?

It's possible that there's not enough RAM to run videos, or it could be an issue with the video card (drivers?).

Retailer: Amazon

by airwavedj » April 1st, 2018, 8:48 am

maw123 wrote:
onejk wrote:Hi, I’ve just installed on a 810. Everything seems as per other reports apart from I cannot get the screen to rotate.

I had the same issue, for me was because initially I formated the partition as fat32 per OP. Found per a later post if I created 2 partitions, 1 small windows basic (fat32 or vfat I think), and large Linux partition ext4 that solved the problem

Hi. Been trying to get this working but if I try to make any other partitions other than the fat 32 one then the tablet will not boot. In fat 32 I have the partition set to the full size of the internal habit it only shows as 2gb in android. Can you explain how you set up?

Retailer: Ebuyer

PreviousNext