I've had my 1010B for a few months now and am very pleased with it despite the problems with W10 mass updates and space requirements. Anyway, a couple of days ago I powered it down overnight as I do most nights after its last use for the day. It was in perfect condition. On powering up the next day, various strange things started happening (or rather some features had disappeared)
1. The Touch screen didn't work yet the keyboard did. Thankfully as the screen Keyboard option on the System tray had disappeared as well. I use the PIN security entry on boot up and the screen numeric entry comes up OK at that point. On the About screen in Settings it says "No pen or Touch input is available for this display"
2. The screen rotation stays in portrait mode which is a bit awkward when using the keyboard. A USB mouse also still works which helps with the fixed screen settings at this point. Fyi, the rotation had actually been "stuck" in landscape mode for ages as I had the common problem of the greyed out Auto Rotate tile in the notification screen. That was a niggle but nothing more when using the touch screen. I have managed to go into Settings and manually change to landscape but that changes again on reboot. The Auto Rotate tile has now disappeared from the Notification screen
3. Access to my SD card has disappeared and it doesn't show in File Explorer. As I had my One Drive on there , it means I've lost that plus all the extra space need because of lack of space on the C drive. The One Drive icon IS on the System tray still though. But the "Can't access the One Drive folder" message is on the main screen constantly and the only options are "Try Again" or "Set up OneDrive" neither of which are feasible at the moment.
4. The Speaker control is on the System tray with a red cross over it and it says there is no Audio Output device present when the cursor is over it
5. There is no battery icon on the System tray
Internet access and network options still exist.
I've tried several Recovery options but keep getting the lack of space on the C drive messages so I'm stuck now. I've tried the Media Creation tool options via a USB memory stick but even that needs more space on C. I've run Defender several times just in case but nothing comes up via that.
I've also run sfc several times but it says nothing needs to be repaired. Now I'm stuck as to what to try next
Can anyone please advise or help me get back to a fully working tablet?
System info W10 1607 Build 14393.447