Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 1010B problems. : Windows 10

Linx 1010B problems.

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

Linx 1010B problems.

by JGJ001 » November 28th, 2016, 3:55 pm

I've had my 1010B for a few months now and am very pleased with it despite the problems with W10 mass updates and space requirements. Anyway, a couple of days ago I powered it down overnight as I do most nights after its last use for the day. It was in perfect condition. On powering up the next day, various strange things started happening (or rather some features had disappeared)

1. The Touch screen didn't work yet the keyboard did. Thankfully as the screen Keyboard option on the System tray had disappeared as well. I use the PIN security entry on boot up and the screen numeric entry comes up OK at that point. On the About screen in Settings it says "No pen or Touch input is available for this display"
2. The screen rotation stays in portrait mode which is a bit awkward when using the keyboard. A USB mouse also still works which helps with the fixed screen settings at this point. Fyi, the rotation had actually been "stuck" in landscape mode for ages as I had the common problem of the greyed out Auto Rotate tile in the notification screen. That was a niggle but nothing more when using the touch screen. I have managed to go into Settings and manually change to landscape but that changes again on reboot. The Auto Rotate tile has now disappeared from the Notification screen
3. Access to my SD card has disappeared and it doesn't show in File Explorer. As I had my One Drive on there , it means I've lost that plus all the extra space need because of lack of space on the C drive. The One Drive icon IS on the System tray still though. But the "Can't access the One Drive folder" message is on the main screen constantly and the only options are "Try Again" or "Set up OneDrive" neither of which are feasible at the moment.
4. The Speaker control is on the System tray with a red cross over it and it says there is no Audio Output device present when the cursor is over it
5. There is no battery icon on the System tray

Internet access and network options still exist.

I've tried several Recovery options but keep getting the lack of space on the C drive messages so I'm stuck now. I've tried the Media Creation tool options via a USB memory stick but even that needs more space on C. I've run Defender several times just in case but nothing comes up via that.
I've also run sfc several times but it says nothing needs to be repaired. Now I'm stuck as to what to try next

Can anyone please advise or help me get back to a fully working tablet?

System info W10 1607 Build 14393.447

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 1010B problems.

by Popc0rn » November 28th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Just to eliminate the obvious, have you run a full virus sweep? You would do well to do a full sweep with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes.

Are you using the Windows Insider Preview option? If so you could try uninstalling the last Windows update.

Have you installed any software recently that could be associated with the timing of this problem?
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon

by F0LLETT » November 29th, 2016, 11:30 am

You have the anniversary update. Have you had it running fine before that? or has it just updated to it?
If so check device manager, sound like your missing drivers.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision

by JGJ001 » November 29th, 2016, 2:38 pm

Thanks for the replies so here's an update..

(popc0rn) I ran a new version of SuperAntiSpyware including the free trial of the Pro version - Just cookies found (and deleted)

(FOLLETT) I installed the anniversary update shortly after its release via the Media Creation Tool downloaded via my laptop and have been running fine since then. That did take some doing because of the storage space problem and that was the reason I installed the 64Gb SD card which has worked fine till the other day. I realise it's probably drivers but how did they "disappear"??? That's the worrying part.

Anyway, Device manager doesn't show any yellow marks but if you check individual records in different sections you get the message about the item being unavailable. Scanning for h/w changes doesn't do anything. Actually, I tried uninstalling the HID ones in Sounds. They did not return after scanning so now I'm really worried.

I didn't see (or haven't spotted any Windows messages) re anything happening or happened.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010