Remove Advertisement

Linx 7 stuck on linx logo after Windows 10 install

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

Linx 7 stuck on linx logo after Windows 10 install

Postby DragonZord » September 5th, 2016, 8:18 am

Stuck on linx logo after update to Windows 10

I have a linx 7 and have attempted update from 8.1 to 10 twice through the windows 10 accessibility update (assistive technology). On both occasions (2nd time after resetting back to 8.1) the update completes but the tablet hangs after reboot and just displays the linx logo. Have left it both time for about an hour and the logo is still there.

So on both occasions I've had to use the reset image from the forum to reset back to 8.1 (which didn't come without its own issues).

From what I have gathered Windows 10 delete the boot option from the tablet and the tablet gets stuck in an endless loop.

I'd like to update to Windows 10 but obviously the last 2 setbacks have put me off. Is there any other way to use the update file from the accessibility update to update Windows 10 as I know you now have to pay for update.

Regards
DragonZord

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Re: Linx 7 stuck on linx logo after Windows 10 install

Postby F0LLETT » September 5th, 2016, 12:45 pm

DragonZord wrote:Stuck on linx logo after update to Windows 10

I have a linx 7 and have attempted update from 8.1 to 10 twice through the windows 10 accessibility update (assistive technology). On both occasions (2nd time after resetting back to 8.1) the update completes but the tablet hangs after reboot and just displays the linx logo. Have left it both time for about an hour and the logo is still there.

So on both occasions I've had to use the reset image from the forum to reset back to 8.1 (which didn't come without its own issues).

From what I have gathered Windows 10 delete the boot option from the tablet and the tablet gets stuck in an endless loop.

I'd like to update to Windows 10 but obviously the last 2 setbacks have put me off. Is there any other way to use the update file from the accessibility update to update Windows 10 as I know you now have to pay for update.

Regards

Can you get hold of the old Win10 ISO? then try that.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby DragonZord » September 5th, 2016, 1:15 pm

Think I can get the Iso from Microsoft but surely if I do fresh install then I'll need a key. As I bought from eBay I don't have the key for win 8.1.
DragonZord

Postby F0LLETT » September 6th, 2016, 12:39 pm

DragonZord wrote:Think I can get the Iso from Microsoft but surely if I do fresh install then I'll need a key. As I bought from eBay I don't have the key for win 8.1.

The key will be encoded to the bios. So aslong as the correct Windows 8.1 version is installed, it will automatically activate.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby DragonZord » September 6th, 2016, 12:52 pm

F0LLETT wrote:
DragonZord wrote:Think I can get the Iso from Microsoft but surely if I do fresh install then I'll need a key. As I bought from eBay I don't have the key for win 8.1.

The key will be encoded to the bios. So aslong as the correct Windows 8.1 version is installed, it will automatically activate.

Can my 8.1 key still be used upon upgrade to W10
DragonZord

Postby F0LLETT » September 6th, 2016, 6:44 pm

DragonZord wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:

Can my 8.1 key still be used upon upgrade to W10

Yes, it should. Aslong as you do upgrade to 10, login to live then your set. You can then do clean installs and it will activate automatically.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby naymo » December 6th, 2016, 9:43 pm

I have just experienced the same problem with gettingstuck on linx logo. Did/will the 10.iso work?
naymo

Retailer: Liytlewoods

Postby F0LLETT » December 6th, 2016, 10:17 pm

naymo wrote:I have just experienced the same problem with gettingstuck on linx logo. Did/will the 10.iso work?

Doubt it now as M$ has stopped free upgrade to Windows 10, you can upgrade but would proberly need to buy a key.
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Postby naymo » December 7th, 2016, 7:22 am

Shouldnt the key be imbedded in the tablet? The OS seems to install but on first reboot it hangs so switch it off then it rolls back to win 8.1 which still works but throws me an error about data migration. It was working perfect 2 weeks ago on 10 but some win 10 update ate my hard drive space and i tried to restore it to a restore point :-(
naymo

Retailer: Liytlewoods

Postby F0LLETT » December 7th, 2016, 8:51 am

naymo wrote:Shouldnt the key be imbedded in the tablet? The OS seems to install but on first reboot it hangs so switch it off then it rolls back to win 8.1 which still works but throws me an error about data migration. It was working perfect 2 weeks ago on 10 but some win 10 update ate my hard drive space and i tried to restore it to a restore point :-(

If you had 10 installed before, then key is not a problem.
Your talking about anniversary upate, its a complete upgrade. Mine fails in exactly same way, something I have installed it doesn't like so constantly rolls back. Which is annoying considering it takes around an hour to get to that point.
Im working on a custom ISO for mine, so I can do a complete clean install from latest version of windows (including latest updates). Thanksfully I install steam to another drive, so I dont have to reinstall all my games, :).
Resolute and Industrious
F0LLETT

Next

Return to Windows 10