Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Windows 10 upgrade problems : Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problems

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

Windows 10 upgrade problems

by greysquirrels » August 21st, 2015, 10:29 am

After upgrading my Linx10, I now have two problems:

1. The clock loses 5-10 minutes an hour whether it's set on auto update or not. Changing the time server makes no difference. It was perfect on Win8.1

2. I now always have to enter my password when waking the Linux from sleep. I've selected 'do not require a password' in settings. Again, worked fine under 8.1

Anyone had either of these problems and solved them?

Thanks, Peter

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Windows 10 upgrade problems

by Griryu » August 22nd, 2015, 8:15 pm

greysquirrels wrote:After upgrading my Linx10, I now have two problems:

1. The clock loses 5-10 minutes an hour whether it's set on auto update or not. Changing the time server makes no difference. It was perfect on Win8.1

2. I now always have to enter my password when waking the Linux from sleep. I've selected 'do not require a password' in settings. Again, worked fine under 8.1

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter, i'm not sure if this helps but see my replies below.

1. I recommend looking through eventviewer to see if there are any message for this. There normally is when the time isn't syncing up correctly.
2. I believe this setting only works when you login with a local account, have you connected to your Microsoft account?

Let me know how you get on.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by greysquirrels » August 24th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Hi

In relation to the time problem, there were several warning in event viewer confirming that connection to a time server had been lost. I've changed my settings so the wifi remains on when the tablet is in sleep mode, and will report back on how that works.

On the password issue, I'm connected to my Microsoft account. the frustrating thing is that I've changed nothing, but it worked fine before upgrading to Win10. I don't have any user accounts, just me as admin.

Peter

by greysquirrels » August 26th, 2015, 6:59 am

OK, leaving the WiFi on makes no difference. The clock lost 7 hours in the last 24. Which time server is selected makes no difference either. On the settings page, turning auto update off then on, immediately produces the right time.

by Wbutchart » August 29th, 2015, 7:53 pm

My linx 10 has just started doing this as of this morning. Losing time no matter if auto time is on or off.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: PC World

by Sparks2000 » August 31st, 2015, 7:55 am

My Linx 10 also suffers from the clock problem. The time can be corrected using a force manual update from the time server, but it gradually drifts off.
If I restart or shut it down (instead of sleeping it) the time is correct on startup, but then drifts off.
I ran the MS upgrade for Windows 10, and haven't yet tried a full Win10 install, but I don't wish to pursue that solution if possible.

Update 4th September
The clock problem is fixed! I'm not sure if a change to the registry settings I made fixed it, but I changed the time server polling frequency down from 7 days to a few minutes. The problem went away, even after I changed the setting back to 7 days.
Last edited by Sparks2000 on September 4th, 2015, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retailer: Sainsburys

by Wbutchart » August 31st, 2015, 10:00 am

The time thing is irritating but now Netflix is glitchy with the video freezing and then fast forwarding to catch up with sound (which plays as normal). Ran it with task manager open, processor not struggling, so its not that, hopefully its fixed soon. Doing the same if I watch from the website so its a windows glitch it seems. More seem to be coming with these updates than less!
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Retailer: PC World

by danskeman » September 2nd, 2015, 12:10 pm

greysquirrels wrote:After upgrading my Linx10, I now have two problems:

Thanks, Peter

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon

by shamas » October 7th, 2015, 5:31 pm

I hav a linx 7 & upgraded 2 Win10 via notification 4 free upgrade. I encountered 2 known problems-1 was that I had 2 always use my password after 'sleep' mode, even though settings disabled this requirement & the other was that the 'mail app' didn't synchronise so that I cudn't access my e-mails which were older than 1 month-no matter wot I did 2 settings, & later I think it stopped working altogether so that I had 2 go to hotmail/outlook via internet explorer to c my e-mails. I contacted Microsoft & Exertis but no-one cud help. Has any1 upgraded on a linx 7 & not had any problems with Win10 ? Do we hav 2 wait until sum1 has a fix ?

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: Buyur
Windows Version: Windows 8.1