Camera problems

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!
vladamv
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Apostolvlad
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

January 1st, 2016, 12:48 pm

I didn't know that it has auto rotate .... lol
Where I could find the driver ? Thanks
STRAT71
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: ebay

January 1st, 2016, 4:09 pm

vladamv wrote:I didn't know that it has auto rotate .... lol
Where I could find the driver ? Thanks
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 391?page=2
Mikeg
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Sweethaven

January 19th, 2016, 6:09 pm

I've just bought a 1010 and the rear camera seems to work fine, but not the front camera (next to the screen). I've tried downloading the suggested drivers but no luck. When I go into device manager / imaging devices it only lists one camera - "intel AV Stream Camera" - and declares this to be working properly and has an up to date driver.

Should there be two cameras listed? Perhaps my computer doesn't even know about the front camera?
linx7travel
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: amazon

January 20th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Hi there, I have just tried user mtcerio's fix (thank you by the way!) it seems to have worked have restarted twice to test. Will see if still working a few days down the line.
intzbi
Retailer: Work

February 15th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Note by Smatt - his article works. Bit fiddly - you need to open "hidden files" to find Other Devices and then right click on the camera then select update etc. Took me two or three goes (but then I am a IT Luddite!) but, when cracked, felt the warm glow of success. Top engineering fault solutions fm Smatt.
Cassius2k
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

May 8th, 2016, 8:54 pm

mtcerio wrote:So I downloaded the Windows 10 drivers for the Intel Baytrail-T System-on-a-chip from the Intel website here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... pute-Stick
There is a setup, run it, installs all the drivers automatically.
Since then, both cameras seem to work. I had also noticed that the microphone was not working before, and after installing that driver package, it works now.

Cheers

maTTeo
Thanks - those drivers fixed it.
TrickyDee
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Staples

May 16th, 2016, 11:30 am

mtcerio wrote:So I downloaded the Windows 10 drivers for the Intel Baytrail-T System-on-a-chip from the Intel website here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... pute-Stick
There is a setup, run it, installs all the drivers automatically.
Since then, both cameras seem to work. I had also noticed that the microphone was not working before, and after installing that driver package, it works now.

Cheers

maTTeo
Big thanks for this, cameras seem to be working at the moment, I've spent weeks trying to get the damn things working. would get them to work, then 3-4 restarts later back to black screen.

Tried several restarts, ans so far all good.

Linx8
TrickyDee
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

May 17th, 2016, 7:12 am

Update:

Not fixed, tested last night, back to black screen........what the hell is going on.

Doesn't appear that the drivers update, as they are still dated from when I updated them last.

Don't use the camera for anything other than Skype, but would love just like to have it working.

Any ideas.
Deleted User 13086

May 23rd, 2016, 10:36 am

Fix for camera problems. Control panel, Power options, choose what the power button does, top of the page click change settings that are currently unavailable, bottom of the page untick fast start up (fast boot) save changes and re start. Fast boot is a default setting in Windows 10 and not all drivers have time to load with the intel chip used. Works on my LINX 7 but I think it should work with all models, hope this helps. Graham
TrickyDee
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

May 23rd, 2016, 12:03 pm

shotton wrote:Fix for camera problems. Control panel, Power options, choose what the power button does, top of the page click change settings that are currently unavailable, bottom of the page untick fast start up (fast boot) save changes and re start. Fast boot is a default setting in Windows 10 and not all drivers have time to load with the intel chip used. Works on my LINX 7 but I think it should work with all models, hope this helps. Graham

Oooh, ill try when I get in and report back.