Remove Advertisement

Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Windows 10 Is HERE, get support, drivers in here!

Re: Exertis/Linx's Stance On Windows 10

Postby Cryian » August 25th, 2015, 8:36 pm

Evening all - First Post here so " Howdy" :)

Unfortunately the response i got from Exertis wasn't as accommodating...

Here's what i sent..

"Hi,

I have a Linx 10 Tablet which has just developed a couple of problems.

1. The front camera LED is now on permanently
2. The Touchscreen no longer works
3. Actions can appear a little jerky at times (But like CPU or RAM overload)
4. The keypad has become extremely temperamental

The OS is Windows 10 Home 32bit.
Have performed a BIOS factory default setting.
Have tried disabling front camera in BIOS
Have tried every touchpad option in BIOS
I have flattened the hard drive (and partitions) and performed a fresh installation of the OS

The problems seemed to appear after I inserted a 32gb micro SD card into the slot? (now removed)

Can you help?"

The response i got was..

"Please be aware that as we ship these with Windows 8.1 with Bing OEM software, we can only technically advise you on this software.

If you have upgraded to Windows 10 which caused this consequential issue, the best people to liaise with would be Microsoft as the support we can provide would be irrelevant currently as it is not for software we have supplied.

We wouldn’t be able to re-issue a licence key or 365 activation keys as these are all pre-loaded per device on Windows 8.1 at point of manufacture.

Apologies we have been unable to assist further on this occasion, as the manufacturer we specifically advise against doing the upgrade to Windows 10 on these devices.

Many thanks,"

(just for info i've reverted back to Win 8.1 and still no difference)
Cryian

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

Remove Ad

Postby Wbutchart » August 25th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Cryian wrote:Evening all - First Post here so " Howdy" :)

Unfortunately the response i got from Exertis wasn't as accommodating...

Here's what i sent..

"Hi,

I have a Linx 10 Tablet which has just developed a couple of problems.

1. The front camera LED is now on permanently
2. The Touchscreen no longer works
3. Actions can appear a little jerky at times (But like CPU or RAM overload)
4. The keypad has become extremely temperamental

The OS is Windows 10 Home 32bit.
Have performed a BIOS factory default setting.
Have tried disabling front camera in BIOS
Have tried every touchpad option in BIOS
I have flattened the hard drive (and partitions) and performed a fresh installation of the OS

The problems seemed to appear after I inserted a 32gb micro SD card into the slot? (now removed)

Can you help?"

The response i got was..

"Please be aware that as we ship these with Windows 8.1 with Bing OEM software, we can only technically advise you on this software.

If you have upgraded to Windows 10 which caused this consequential issue, the best people to liaise with would be Microsoft as the support we can provide would be irrelevant currently as it is not for software we have supplied.

We wouldn’t be able to re-issue a licence key or 365 activation keys as these are all pre-loaded per device on Windows 8.1 at point of manufacture.

Apologies we have been unable to assist further on this occasion, as the manufacturer we specifically advise against doing the upgrade to Windows 10 on these devices.

Many thanks,"

(just for info i've reverted back to Win 8.1 and still no difference)

Dann, what's going on, the clarity we were meant to have a few weeks ago didn't happen, now we see strait from the horses mouth that linx are against the upgrade path Microsoft are offering.....?
Wbutchart
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby Dann » August 25th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Hey, In the call I had with Exertis they never mentioned this, I'll forward this onto my contact and see what is said!
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby moonklash » August 27th, 2015, 2:36 pm

That's almost the exact copy and paste as I received on 20/08/2015. I've put my message and their response below, and you can see it's just a general reply as they're answering points I've not even asked about.

I've responded again to highlight how disappointed I am at their lack of support. I appreciate this a budget device and that they probably don't make much from these however their response is inappropriate as there's no mention anyway on their website that they don't support Windows 10. That this installed via Windows Update means it's totally legitimate and I firmly believe they have working drivers available (for the new models), they just need to release them. I've also informed them that I won't be buying another Linx device off the back of this which is a shame as I planned to upgrade to a 10" after Christmas when my existing Office personal license expires :-(

Edit: That isn't meant to be negative about the device itself (which I like) or this forum - just reading the questions and answers has proven a huge help! You guys are doing a great job running the place.

"To: linxsupport
Subject: Rotate on Windows 10 (Linx 7)

Hey there,

I have a Linx 7 (fantastic device!) and I've upgraded to Windows 10. Since upgrading the tablet no longer automatically rotates.

Do you guys have a fix for this? I know this isn't just me as there are quite a few reports of this on the internet.

Look forward to hearing back from you, "

"Hi Stuart,

As we ship these with Windows 8.1 with Bing OEM software, we can only technically advise you on this software.

We wouldn’t be able to re-issue a licence key as these are all pre-loaded per device.

Many thanks,

Kindest regards,"
moonklash
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 7
Retailer: eBay

Postby Dann » August 27th, 2015, 10:28 pm

Okay.

I've gotten word back from one of my contacts at Exertis:

Hi Dan,
Yes this should now have stopped happening.
The only reason was they were not yet geared up with the recovery media and the other support tools on Windows 10.
We are now in the process of supplying everything they need, so they should have stopped saying so and they will be soon ready to help with any issue that might arise during the upgrade.

If anyones having issues with Exertis support after upgrading to Windows 10, and they can't sort the issue, please PM me your email address and issue as i've been told to forward any complaints on.

hope this helps :)
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Postby moonklash » August 28th, 2015, 9:30 am

Thanks Dann, that's amazing! I take back what I said about Linx / Exertis!
moonklash
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: eBay

Postby Dann » August 28th, 2015, 8:15 pm

moonklash wrote:Thanks Dann, that's amazing! I take back what I said about Linx / Exertis!

Yeah, just remember that obviously it's still a new upgrade so they'll be making sure things are fine.

My contact at Exertis said the website will be updated soon with an official guide on how to upgrade to Windows 10 safely.
Dann
Admin
Dann
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Postby j3nesis » September 2nd, 2015, 12:23 pm

SparkyST wrote:Hey, first post here so hello all

I upgraded to windows 10 and it bricked my linx10, went into a endless reboot loop.

Spoke to Exertis and they replaced the tablet under warranty with no questions asked. New tablet turned up today within 24 hours of reporting the issue.

Unfortunately I got the exact opposite (with a Linx 7). I upgraded and midway it bricked, with an odd error message about boot devices. I asked Exertis re replacement under warranty, explaning the error. First their support directed me to a useless Microsoft generic "help" page, then I asked for more help/replacement and got this back:

"On this occasion, the “Inaccessible_boot_error” would usually be resolved using the troubleshooting below but as there is very limited support released on Windows 10 OS, we would find it difficult to assist you further in this instance."

Any idea what I should do?
j3nesis

Retailer: Amazon.co.uk
Windows Version: None

Postby shamas » October 9th, 2015, 10:15 pm

I've got a Linx 7 & I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 recently. This caused 2 known problems-I had to use my password every time after coming out of 'sleep' mode even though the settings should have prevented this. Also the 'mail' app stopped working properly. I contacted Exertis & Microsoft but was told only to revert to Win 8.1 until some fixes were produced, although there were no promises that there definitely would be-nobody assumed responsibility either which is crazy since I bought it brand new & one of the selling points is the free Win 10 upgrade & one would assume that meant a Win 10 without any initial problems. I have reverted to Win 8.1 which thankfully worked, although sometimes when I come back from 'sleep/lock' mode the screen flashes slightly for a split second.
If all Win 10 fixes for Linx 7 tablet aren't produced before the free upgrade expiry date of July 2016 should I be allowed a full refund ?
shamas

Retailer: Buyur

Postby EnSComputers » October 15th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Hi,

I just came across this site looking for drivers for my linx 8. Here is the story I own a business (see username) I bought some Linx tablets which sold well, I took an 8 so I could show customers what they are like and get used to them for support purposes, Win 10 was released so after a few weeks after speaking with my account manager on if the tablets will work on 10 I decided to upgrade the tablet to 10, ran all updates until none left installed 10 which has stopped it from auto rotate.

Contacted Linx support and was told you naffed it by upgrading to 10. So in conclusion what they told you and their real agenda are 2 worlds apart. I asked them to take it back and reimage it with 8.1 but was told they can't because its 8.1 with bing.... work that out. Where can I get the drivers on this site to fix the auto rotate fault.

Regards
Eddie
EnSComputers

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Me

PreviousNext

Return to Windows 10